TheWhiteRose

I really hate falling off buildings

Died twice today because I wasn't careful when trying to descend a ladder. Lost some good equipment too, which sucks even more :(

Well on to the next character...

When climbing a ladder, always climb it with your primary weapon out

I believe they fixed some of the kinks in recent patches but death via ladder still seems to happen

This is why third-person view is necessary. In the real world, you're aware of where your body is. In Arma 2, if you're in first person, it's very hard to tell where your feet and the rest of your body is.

I used to hate deerstands and cuss them... however after he patched it a few weeks back ive had 0 issues... Also never fallen off a building.

Your right this is why I prefer 3rd person... I enjoy 1rst person for shooting etc.. however moving around I prefer to have a feel of my surroundings where im located/behind etc.. and I cant get that feeling/emersion from 1rst person.. I wish they could make it so you could only fire/be in combat in first person yet still be mobile&static in 3rd.

This is why third-person view is necessary. In the real world' date=' you're aware of where your body is. In Arma 2, if you're in first person, it's very hard to tell where your feet and the rest of your body is.

[/quote']

No, this isn't a reason for 3rd person at all.

#1: 3rd person is a terrible exploitable, immersion breaking view.

#2: use 'alt' to see your body and feet

#3: download the beta patch,. it fixes all ladder bugs, if you spent some time reading the forums you would know this, your ignorance astounds me

p.s 'In the real world, you're aware of where your body is',. you kidding right?? in the real world you have to expose yourself to see around a corner, and you can't see the back of your head,. so again,. use alt!

#1: 3rd person is a terrible exploitable' date=' immersion breaking view.[/quote']

That doesn't invalidate my point. And exploits can be fixed without disabling 3rd person view.

#2: use 'alt' to see your body and feet

That only shows my shoulders.

#3: download the beta patch' date='. it fixes all ladder bugs, if you spent some time reading the forums you would know this, your ignorance astounds me[/quote']

I'm already running DayZ 1.7 and Arma 2 Beta 93666. Your ignorance astounds me.

p.s 'In the real world' date=' you're aware of where your body is',. you kidding right?? in the real world you have to expose yourself to see around a corner[/quote']

Those two things are entirely unrelated. I can feel my hands/feet/legs/arms without having to look at them. Not being able to see around corners can be fixed by not *displaying* things around corners until your eyes can see them. Simple, easy.

So coding the 3rd person view not to show things you wouldn't be able to see is easy eh?? ? cool go for it buddy,. post the code on here,. take you what? 5mins?

with alt,. look down,. you'll see your body.

since installing ARMA 2 beta I've never had a single problem with any ladder,. you haven't installed correctly, its that simple

thats why people need to familiarize them self with arma2 before playing this.

jeez, kids these day will buy anything with "zombie" printed on it.