Sign in to follow this  
Duck (DayZ)

Killing Sprees need consequences

This has been suggested a few times' date=' mainly in the form of suffering psychological effects due to certain behaviour as most would in todays world.[/quote']

Except we're no longer in "today's world."

We've all already witnessed the end of the world. Our friends are dead. Our families torn limb from limb. We've watched zombies eat our children like ham sandwiches, rending flesh from bone. Their screams echo in our ears. We don't dream anymore because life has become a waking nightmare.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure if I was going to get PTSD, I would have it already. Putting a bullet in some dudes brainpan is not going to push me over the psychological edge if I haven't already gone over by now.

Anyway, this is a non-starter. It just is. I'm sorry. rocket has categorically stated that mechanics will not be used to discourage any particular choices in the game. If your idea takes the form of "if you engage in behavior X, then activity Y will become difficult/impossible" then you are suggesting something that the lead designer has already said he will never add to the game.