Sign in to follow this  
Tekzi

DayZ Cow Level unlocked

So last night when I was scouring the NW Airfield I unlocked the cow level.

A can of beans says he spawned them in himself.

Because I was hoping to open an in-game butcher shop in one of the run down buildings?

Walks onto NWAF with flashlight, sees obvious sign of hacking, accepts challenge?

more beans for hydra.

Walks onto NWAF with flashlight, sees obvious sign of hacking, accepts challenge?

more beans for hydra.

Aww sounds like you only play in the daytime when it's 'safe'. Why attach flashlights to weapons if you're not going to use them? Press L it'll open a whole new magical world for you.

How is he hacking? Because he has an M4 CCO w/ a flashlight attached to it? They aren't hard to find, let alone any weapon with a flashlight...

I think this is a misunderstanding perpetuated by DayZ Wiki. They used to say (haven't checked recently and my registration mail for a user account never arrived) that the flashlights on many weapons were broken -- which is complete bunk. Flashlights, just as other lights, only work when the game thinks its "dark." I have no idea why it was implemented this way and consider it pretty daft, but there it is.

I like how when you got to the airfield and saw fifty cows, you nonchalantly accepted the fact that this was normal. Either you're hacking or you're downright daft man cmon.. the cows would not be worth massive killing unless you could store more than your worth anyway..

I like how when you got to the airfield and saw fifty cows, you nonchalantly accepted the fact that this was normal. Either you're hacking or you're downright daft man cmon.. the cows would not be worth massive killing unless you could store more than your worth anyway..

It's an alpha game full of hackers, everything is 'normal'. 7.62 ammo crate in north barracks with 30 clips, hell yeah I'm going to go have some fun and slaughter the magical line dancing cows.

As for nonchalantly... in my head I kept hearing Jimbo from South Park yell "They're coming right for us!" each time I pulled the trigger, especially at the end when they turned and walked into my gun.

Good to see though that anyone that has fun with weird shit they find must be hacking. :) It's the Red Scare all over again. Oh and I didn't take any of the meat, it was just fun shooting the cows, though the 1 I tried to gut was able to be gutted.

Edited by Tekzi

Aww sounds like you only play in the daytime when it's 'safe'. Why attach flashlights to weapons if you're not going to use them? Press L it'll open a whole new magical world for you.

Cute. I understand how flashlights work. I was trying to briefly imply as others have now as well that:

A) A player walking out of the industrial area of northwest airfield with a flashlight activated at night is not the smartest tactic and makes the viewer begin to question the legitimacy of your play.

B) When said player first encounters an obvious irregularity in the game, which could only be described as a hack, player shows no concern for further complications from hacker. Maybe it is one of those "good hackers"? Maybe they are going to give you an AS50, but only if..

C) Player accepts challenge? So after a and b the player seems suspect in both motivations and legitamacy, but after they begin wasting ammunition (head shots work on cows too) there is no doubt in my mind that this is a hoax. There is no logical story to expain why a rational player would behave in the manner portrayed. The video strikes me, and obviously others as well, as a cry for attention from a player who has exploited the game mechanics for too long and is bored with the game. This might seem too harsh and personal, but reread your comment above if you are in doubt as to when this got personal. My favorite part of your video, just so you know I did watch it, was around 5:54 when you pressed P to quickly check that you were still the only player on the server. Cute.

• Like 1

This is fake. You've yet to kill Diablo and are still in Normal difficulty, you are not in Nightmare mode yet... Unless the game host is a Level 90 chanter or zon?

• Like 1

... was around 5:54 when you pressed P to quickly check that you were still the only player on the server. Cute.

Well yeah, I was unloading into a string of cows, after I shot the 10th one or so it suddenly struck me "Oh shit am I still alone? Yes. Excellent kill more cows!" Plus see the part in the posts where I say there was a 7.62 ammo crate in the north barracks, which is maybe a couple hundred meters away. Glad to know you'd Alt+F4 if you came across anything funky alone on a server, me I'm going to keep having fun with it. Same way like I build campfires under the feet of the 'ghost players' I find standing in the middle of the woods. But then you'd call that hacking because I could spring forth fire!!

This is fake. You've yet to kill Diablo and are still in Normal difficulty, you are not in Nightmare mode yet... Unless the game host is a Level 90 chanter or zon?

Hmm well there was someone in the score list with over 3000 kills, so maybe that helped unlock it, at least they weren't rainbow colored cows with killer flowers around. I'd have Alt+F4'd on that.

Hmm well there was someone in the score list with over 3000 kills, so maybe that helped unlock it, at least they weren't rainbow colored cows with killer flowers around. I'd have Alt+F4'd on that.

Ewh, Diablo 3... try the second, much much better.