ostrich160

DayZ not working, Please Help

Hi guys, I'm new to DayZ and while installing it I have come across several problems which have meant I cannot play the mod. I am using the free version of Arma 2, the full version of OA and Worroms DayZ updater. My problem is when I start the game (I always start it on steam as combined operations by the way) without the launch option, the error I get is "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.chenaurus , dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip, dayz_vehicles"

However, when I launch it the exact same way but with the launch options set to '-mod=@dayz' (without the ') I get a window saying "Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CABuildingParts' " I click okay to this and the game starts up. I then get an arma window saying "No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'. " So I click continue and after trying to go to a server i get "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.chenaurus"

How can I fix this problem? Sorry to be any trouble, but being new to DayZ I have found myself in a very confusing situation, and I need to get out fast (I have an english report in for thursday and Ive chosen to review DayZ). To be fair I have looked around the forums, but I didnt find anything about my particular combination of errors. Thanks so much guys

Tom

The easiest way to fix this is to merge the "Addons" folders. Go to "arma 2" folder and copy "addons". Then go to "Arma 2 OA" folder and find "Addons" folder there and then just copy it there but dont replace any of the existing files.

Okay, so at the moment I have a folder inside my steam apps OA folder called '@DayZ', and inside that a folder called 'addons' and all the dayz stuff in that. What do I need to do then? Do I need a dayz folder in Arma 2:free, and if so, where?

You need to drag your Addons folder from Arma II over to your OA Folder.

Edit: While unnecessary I don't know what the hell is causing the problem.

I am actually having this issue now. I did as followed through the post, but it is still giving me the error message

AO Standalone, Problem: cabuildingparts

Try this :

ArmA2OA.exe "-mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -