Unseenchaos

Backpack Items Missing.

Date/Time: 11.6.2012 at 22:43 GMT

What happened: Logged in to find my M107 that was in my backpack had vanished and found items that I had dropped previously had now been put back into my pack.

Where you were: Just south of Stary Sobor

What you were doing: Laying down immediatly after logging in. I checked my pack about 20 seconds after getting into the server.

*Current installed version: Beta Patch 93666 and 1.7.0 Dayz Code.

*Server(s) you were on: US TX 16

*Your system specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 Ghz

4GB Ram

Ati 6450 1gb

Windows 7

*Timeline of events before/after error: Logged off on the same server about 16 hours prior to logging back on to find my M107 was gone.

I have had the exact same problem, twice in a row now. Except for me it is meat. Every time I put meat in my bag, it disappears after a log out / back in. One time i had previously dropped items restored and meat gone, other time, just meat missing.

Yeah, lost an M4A1 CCO SD and an M14 with the Aimpoint on it last night. This stuff seems to happen a lot, makes me wonder if connection from the server to Hive messed up and causes it to not save the gear right.

This is happening alot to me and friends. Even items sometime disappear without logging off, just traveling for 15-20mn across the map, then want to change weapon in backpack, and the weapon has disappeared.

Even happend to me today that my main weapon i had in my hand before logging off (DMR) disappeared too when i logged back on...

Even happend to me today that my main weapon i had in my hand before logging off (DMR) disappeared too when i logged back on...

Happened to my friend about a week ago too. Same thing, DMR just disappeared.

Same here. Just put a AKM into my Backpackafter relog it was gone :-( Andy when i open my backpack the items inside are only shown on the left side now not like before on the right side as a second window

Yep, weapons don't want to stay in the (alice) backpack, had this happen 2 days in a row.

What backpacks are other users having trouble with?

1.7.0./93701

Lost a m4 SD from my alice backpack.

I still had the mags i picked up for the m4 but had regained some other items i had dropped to pick up the m4(food & diff. ammo).

I had kept my revolver (in my sidearm slot)that i picked up at the same time as the m4.

• Like 1

It seems that most this stuff is happening repeatedly. I'd advise that people only put non-essentials in the backpack.

Happens to a friend of mine with Alice also a lot lately. He now exchanged the Alice with a Czech and then took an Alice again from a dead body. We will see if it happens again.

I picked up an alice pack off a dead guy, dumped all of his crap out and put meds and a dozen mags in it. Log in today and it reverted to the state it was when i picked it up originally.

Funny, I've had an ALICE pack for 3 days now, carrying around an L85A in it, and I still have it after logging in and out several times over the past few days.

What I've gotten out of it, since the server I play on had problems like this (not recently though). Is the fact data about your character gets corrupted when the server doesn't have a good connection to the Hive. This is why I'll only stick on a server I know is good.

Any idea if this issue will be addressed? This has happened to me. A few others that play on my server are getting sick of it.... Almost to the point of not playing. Would make me sad to lose players over this.

Could it be the connection from the Server to the hive? Need a Dev to answer that if they could please.

I can confirm this is still happening as of 1.7.1.5. with beta 93965. I also think it is a Server-to-Hive connection gone haywire thing. Today I lost my brand new AK74 with 3 mags, Crossbow with 5 bolts, and 3 morphine autoinjectors (really bummed about the morphine as zombies seem to magically break bones my very often). The worst part is it has not saved items in my tent or atv at times either. Lost my AKM with 9 mags and my 870 with 5 handfuls of shells. It sucks so I keep my best weapons on me in the Primary and Sidearm slots and I'm still afraid of losing them.

It's happenin' when you put THE THING in your backpack from a body/another backpack, then when you log off and log on again you see the same stuff you had before.

to avoid this, you should do the next:

put the wish thing at the ground and then put in your pack.

Tonight I forgot to do this and wiped mine M4a1 camo sd :>

DayZ Version 1.7.1.5

ARMA 2 OA latest beta

Where: East of Castle Zub

Server: EU 44

Time / Date: 1440 / 28.6.2012

Details:

Today I died by glitch, a buddy luckily made it and picked up my stuff, sth like two blood bags and 5 morphine, 2 epi-pens.

He did this by picking up my czechbackpack where it was inside and then adding the stuff from his old backpack to my czech backpack. ( he still had a coyote patrol pack ).

Later I met up with him and he said he'd put the morphine from his pack into the alice pack I had found in the farmhouse east of Castle Zub. He opened the czech pack and transferred several items plus the morphine to the alice pack. I saw it in my alice backpack but when I reopened it to arrange inventory, it was gone. I had enough slots and there was no lag or anything. It wasn't in his inventory or backup either, it just disappeared. This only happened with the morphine, all other items were transferred.

I just lost one bloodpack, four bandages, one morph injector, three cans of food and two filled water bottles and one M1911 mag after logging in, heading to the supermarket in Zele and open my bag to see how much room did I have. Was alot of room :D Only two things I didn't lose were some tools I had looted on my previous playtime and a red smoke grenade and a M9SD mag. Weird :S

Only time this has happened to me was when my Debug Menu would disappear.

Killed someone that had an AS 50 and Coyote pack.Switched packs and emptied it out.Put As 50 and L85 in the pack and logged for the day.Next day i came back and all HIS stuff was in the pack and my AS 50 AND L85 was gone.I was livid.

Happened to me as well, with three different m4's in two different alice packs. Pack still reverts to the original equipment of the first alice pack when i log on.

Date/Time: Friday 2am-ish GMT +10

What happened: Dropped my M1014 to be replaced by a SVD Camo in my alice pack, ran north out of the NW airfields and logged out in a field about 2 mins later. Logged back in to find my shotgun was back and the SVD was gone. All other items remained even though they'd been looted exactly the same time.

Where you were: NW airfield military high yield, north side.

What you were doing: Getting fucked over. But seriously, just looting items into my backpack.

Had this happen several times, and its a little annoying, had an M24 in my back pack yesterday and now I have a g17 in there instead. NOTE: I also spawned near the deer blind I found the M24 in when I was no where near the spot when logging out last night.

Edit - LOL: I just checked my back pack again, and 3 of the 4 M24 mags (I split them from a DMR and used one mag) I had are still there

Prior to acquiring the M24 I had an LA85, tried to swap it to my M4 and the LA85 just vanished. Same backpack. If only the LA85 had been returned to me...

Prior to that I had a Bizon SD equipped and an M4 CCO in my backpack a few days ago, switched servers due to somebody killing in debug forest (didn't want to die that way) and when I arrived, I no longer had the Bizon equipped and the M4 was gone. Note: Again, When I logged in I was no where near where I had last logged out.