Sign in to follow this  
CerebralZombie (DayZ)

Spectate Mode ~ Anti-Hackers

So I was thinking of having a mode where players could spectate and cycle through players that are in game. Of course server owners could restrict this mode to certain players, or just themselves if wanted. Now I know you're thinking, "Couldn't a player spectate, than see where a player or group is, than join in the game and kill them? Well if a player goes into "spectate mode" they would then be not allowed to join in game for a set amount of time. Say 20minutes or so? Now this would help catch hackers, and any players suspected of hacking to be caught. Maybe I'm missing something here, so enlighten me will you? I think this could really help stop hackers and scripters, at least minimize them.

I'd like to hear your thoughts or comments on this suggestion.

Thanks for your time!

CZ~

Ok, one stays spectating, and his buddies play. So that one can easily coordinate them via Skype/TS/any VOIP shit.

And there we go. Damn...

Okay well the ability for just Admin/Owners?

With all the Admin abuse/power tripping going on any ways, it really wouldn't matter if they tell their friends/group where said players are.

I get the idea, but waiting 20 minutes isnt gonna happen

Well than don't go into spectate mode?

Since Kpekep2 mentioned players would exploit the spectate mode any ways, it doesn't really matter at this point. If Admin were the only ones able to use it, they wouldn't have a wait time to join into game mode. =P

As an option only for admins it would be a good idea, as long as they don't play themselves. ^^

Most of the time on a Dayz server, the administrator is part of the clan that actively plays on that server. Ghosting/metagaming is almost impossible to trace in Dayz, the only clue you'd have about it is that a bunch of guys seem to keep finding you, wherever you are in Chernarus.

Allowing admins to spectate would be fine if all Dayz admins could be trusted, but unfortunately that isn't that case...

Most of the time on a Dayz server, the administrator is part of the clan that actively plays on that server. Ghosting/metagaming is almost impossible to trace in Dayz, the only clue you'd have about it is that a bunch of guys seem to keep finding you, wherever you are in Chernarus.

Allowing admins to spectate would be fine if all Dayz admins could be trusted, but unfortunately that isn't that case...

As I've mentions though, with all the Admin abuse would it really be that big of a deal if they did that any ways? It wouldn't add much to the list of power tripping they do all the time. I can see it does have it's down side in that way, but maybe have it so the Admin has to join into spectate mode with a player in mind? They would have to load in to watch one player at a time, then go back into lobby and have to wait 30sec-1min to load up on spectating another player? I know, that's not the best way to fix the problem, so maybe just not worry to much. I couldn't see the admin having to much fun telling his mates where players are, unless he/she is making a video. :P

Okay I could see it being pretty fun, getting your clan/group to play tricks and mess with players and kill them in crazy ways. Really though, if you want to kill players and scare them in crazy ways, than just hack n' script.

this is the internet..

if you allow the tools for someone to grieve, beleive me they will..

as Dayz has proven over and over again. if you allow a no rules gameplay, people will find ways to break even those rules..

its why games have to be designed with rules.. sadly the general populace (esp. on the open internet) can NOt be trusted to self police.

so in short a big HELL NO to this idea.

So i can spec people and find their camps? AWESOME! Please put this in abusing it will be so much fun!

I just stated the issue with this.

I think a magic box alert system would be an idea.

The instant a Magic box is spawned just a big arrow pointing to the box to lety every one know where it is. im sure that would be fun.

(joke btw)

So i can spec people and find their camps? AWESOME! Please put this in abusing it will be so much fun!

I just stated the issue with this.

Obviously did keep reading the thread posts.

Well than don't go into spectate mode?

Since Kpekep2 mentioned players would exploit the spectate mode any ways, it doesn't really matter at this point. If Admin were the only ones able to use it, they wouldn't have a wait time to join into game mode. =P

I know with this Admin would still be able to find a camp, but most of the time the camps are either from the main clan that is run by or part of the Admin and if not it's probably on the map.

Also, I know for sure the stand alone will definitely minimized hackers, especially taking out the ability to script, unlike Arma II which allows scripts.