Sign in to follow this  
Vinyl (DayZ)

Suggestion: Findable Optics

Hey guys!

So I was playing DayZ and I had an idea.

What if you could find optics / sights for weapons? For example, maybe you can find Red-Dot Sights, Holographic Sights, Night Vision Sights etc., maybe even thermal sights.

Obviously things like the Night Vision and Thermal Sights would have a very low spawn chance, say 0.16%, the same as the GPS. They would only spawn at Barracks and Heli Crash Sites, whereas things like RDS' and Holographic Sights might spawn at General Military, Deer Stands, Fire Houses etc.

So, for example, you could make an AS50 TWS if you wanted, then have a 3x/12x Variable Zoom Scope (the AS50 standard scope) placed in your backpack, to put on say an FN FAL or an M16 etc.

I think this would add a lot more customization ability, so maybe if you put Night Sights on your AS50 you would be able to use it at night etc.

As stated above, I think it is only logical to have these be applicable to weapons with pre-placed rails (most Assault Rifles and military loot), so you couldn't put a Red-Dot Sight on a Winchester or Lee Enfield, for example.

Let me know what you think!

- Vinyl.

It was already stated that weapon modifications are supported on the arma 3 engine and it will be used in Dayz, so you can find different optics, grips, bipods, even different barrels and more in depth modifications.