Fafner (DayZ)

Why I play this game and am always friendly

having been shot by other players severals times, I still do not give up to not shoot others. It's just for this one (seemeingly young) guy who saved me just some minutes ago. He found me when I was lost, looking for my body after I fell to death several minutes before. It was north of Elektro. He talked to me (unfortunately I am no native English speaker, but it was OK), he gave me a handgun and lots of ammo, as well as a compass to get my direction to my fallen body. He joined me some time and then he vanished into the woods.

These are the moments no game has given me ever so far in 20 years of comupter gaming. I am an old school gamer and I still look for the coop experience. And this young (I think he was young from his voice) guy ensured me that it is the right way to not shoot on sight. Better die 10 times to just have this one experience.

Thank you, my unknown friend!

• Like 5

I once was looting Electro not too long ago when I was in an office building. I only had an axe and had 20 plus zombies chasing me. I thought I heard someone upstairs so I yelled over Direct chat a few times, "Friendly." I got up there and he froze. I thought he was about to shoot me but instead he was just typing hi to me. He helped me fight off the zombies. It was the only time I've ever run into another player who didn't try to shoot me or run.

Edited by Skat3rat

I always find nice people on the coast, most are cool guys (have never met a girl, what a surprise) and we have a good time. It's sad that all the forever-alone bandits will never share the experiences Heroes/survivors have.

Hmm I've had several friendly encounters but most of them were rather brief.

I've also helped several guys but they were mostly unarmed so that might have played role in their friendliness as well.

Sad story was when I met unarmed guy near cherno hospital and apartment buildings. I asked him if he had transfusion, he gave it to me, so I foolishly thought he is friendly person.

I helped him to find Lee Enfield in one of the houses. We fended off some zombies and once we cleared them, he shot me in the head from behind. He also mumbled something before I died, not sure what that ment though.

Last time I met friendly player was in Cherno where me and my buddy were causing ruckuss in the neighbourhood as we were shooting zombies with winchester and enfield.

Then this guy in ghillie came and asked us, if we need some help. I almost freaked out and shoot him, since I am very suspicious toward ghillies with M4SD,but good thing I did not do it.

Most funny encounter I had was finding unconscious guy in on of the houses in Elektro, near the beach.

Gave him epipen and blood, also some cans of food. I guess we must have been quite surprised by my generosity :-D.

Edited by Hombre

Those of you who choose courage and compassion over cowardice and greed, you are my comrades. Seek out The Coalition. We are here to protect you, in exchange for only your dedication to who you are and what we stand for - to stand together, survive, and create an experience the likes of which the Day community has never seen before. All you need is to search for The Coalition thread in the forums and you will see just how strong Humanity is.

I am Demyan, proud member of The Chernarus Quarantine Force and servant of the people. Join us in reclaiming Chernarus, and no amount of Bandits or Hackers will ever take it back.

I had a friendly encounter with a guy named Akkad. I was in the Elektro school, running back to the stairs when he came up them. So I shot him.

So I instantly over voice chat said "dude, dude, I'm so sorry" and bandaged him, gave him some morphine. Felt like an ass, but he didn't seem to mad, more surprised that I helped him after I shot him.

He ended up thanking me, and we both ran to the hospital to give each other blood, ran together for about 10-15 minutes until we got sniped over at the powerstation firehouse, go figure.