Sign in to follow this  
Reuben96

Gun parts

It would be really cool if in DayZ you could find gun parts which you could add onto your existing gun. For example, say you have an M4A1 CCO but you cannot find the SD version, you could also look for a silencer to add onto the gun. It would save a lot of hassle searching for hours or days to find the gun you want.

Bayonets sword and knife for the lee-Enfield and knife bayonets for the rest. Would be great if a zombie comes close because you could get them with that instead of shooting and they could also run into it or you could run in to the zombies with the bayonet on

Yes! Bayonets would be very handy, especially when there's just one zombie in a building and you don't want to alert the town, but I also should've added to the post that the improving should require a toolkit and maybe implement work benches into industrial buildings which are needed?

it's really nice but adding small components could just transorm looting in something too complicated..you could pass a lot of time without finding a working weapon or keep finding just military components..

I like the idea about the bayonet. Would be a "firing mode" and work exactly like the hatchet so it's easy to implement.

As for putting/removing parts of a gun, I'd be okay with this, in the standalone.

I'd remove the I'd remove the scope from the M4A1 CCO SD M203 I have if I could.

Of course, it would take a toolbox or a gunsmith kit to remove/add parts and have them calibrated.

Er, toolbox to add/remove and kit to make sure the sight/scope is centered.

Would also like to have laser-pointer attachments.

• Like 2

I like the idea, so long it doesn't make looting too difficult.