Sign in to follow this  
slimjim242

Depression of day z

I have been playing day z for quite some time now. I had my character for more then 3 weeks alive, and I would play 3 hours a day. I would be in many battles with Bandits and come out surviving. But just recently I had a huge camp with my squad and a bus and an atv. But just last night I was heading Back to my camp from a scavenger run down in stary. I get to my camp and a guy in a ghillie suite appeared right infront of me then starts shooting me point blank and I died. I come back he destroyed everything. It was an obvious hack. I lost a months worth of gear and everything. This might sound stupid and I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I was really depressed the following days after, I just couldn't go back and restart. I need help on how to deal with the "day z depression" and ps don't get attached to your gear you will lose it and die from a hacker that doesn't care. Hackers are ruining this game so I will Waite intill they can fix this problem:(

just grow a pair and realise it's just a FUCKING GAME.

Dont get attached to your gear. THe game becomes more enjoyable.

• Like 1

My advice? Don't try to "survive" any more. Try only to have fun. Get yourself a rifle and tackle a big city or two. Get some buddies and try to tactically get through a city on a high pop server. All i've really been doing the past few days is sitting outside cherno and sniping idiots and hackers off of the cherno rooftops.

The hackers usually nuke the server afterwards, but they get banned and I laugh, knowing i'd cost them $30 (to buy a new account) with a bullet fired in a video game.

You got to just pick yourself up fella, get back out there and get yourself a low tier rifle and go from there....

Embrace it... You know a lot more about life in DayZ now, your friends (if they were friends) will help they lost their camp too...

You could try to feel liberated, you're free of the worry about all that gear, you know now maybe to not have one large camp, but little caches around different places so if you get killed you can quickly tottle up to them and gear up again... Stay mobile, feel fresh....

Don't depress over it, we all loose our gear eventually... And one day, maybe that hacker will get locked out... or run over by a bus... because, they don't play by the rules, so they can expect whatever they get to be justice enough in the end, be it a ban, or a black eye.

Edited by Xelous

The hackers usually nuke the server afterwards, but they get banned and I laugh, knowing i'd cost them $30 (to buy a new account) with a bullet fired in a video game.

NOT TRUE,a friend hacked once and he just had to wait for like 15 days for his ban to end..

NOT TRUE,a friend hacked once and he just had to wait for like 15 days for his ban to end..

15 DayZ without DayZ make for long lonely DayZ.

Still a hilarious slap to the face coming from a bullet fired in a video game.

losing gear is part of the game, so best to learn to just deal with it. truthfully, and i suspect most folks here would agree, the most tense and exciting times in this game are as a fresh spawn when youre just hoping you can find an axe and some bandages before someone or something notices you.

once you've died a few times you'll be surprised how quick you can have a pretty solid gear kit going again. either that or just wait for a server restart and your tents will probably all be back again....

I have been playing day z for quite some time now. I had my character for more then 3 weeks alive, and I would play 3 hours a day. I would be in many battles with Bandits and come out surviving. But just recently I had a huge camp with my squad and a bus and an atv. But just last night I was heading Back to my camp from a scavenger run down in stary. I get to my camp and a guy in a ghillie suite appeared right infront of me then starts shooting me point blank and I died. I come back he destroyed everything. It was an obvious hack. I lost a months worth of gear and everything. This might sound stupid and I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I was really depressed the following days after, I just couldn't go back and restart. I need help on how to deal with the "day z depression" and ps don't get attached to your gear you will lose it and die from a hacker that doesn't care. Hackers are ruining this game so I will Waite intill they can fix this problem:(

dont weep little willow, check on your fancy camp in a couple server resets. But you can kiss those vehicles goodbye if he blew them up.

Also, welcome to Dayz and stop getting attached to your gear

Well thanks for the tips guys I can't wait for the new features in the stand alone gameT