Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Wit

I thought it wasn't murder if they shot me first

I'm sneaking around and encounter a guy in a barn. I generally avoid confrontation so I take off. I see him behind me start shooting and he manages to take my legs from under me. I switch to my m16 and return fire, killing him quickly. I check my monitor and it says i have a murder. Wtf? I was acting in self-defense!

I'm one of those guys that don't like the current attitude of "shoot on sight", but I must say it's quite a rush. I had a lot to lose and so my heart was about to pound out of my chest.

Maybe it only counts if they actually hit you.

If he missed, you shot him first.

It doesn't matter really.

you bandit asshole, how dare you.

who cares, man? you're going to realize sooner or later that everybody you encounter in this game hates you and would gladly kill you on sight, so you might as well get your murder rate up.

He definitely hit me first because he broke my leg. The thing is, he had no reason to shoot me. He was being a turd and he got what he deserved.

Maybe he wanted your M16? Hell I'd shoot you for that. Using a Winny since I glitch-died. :(

See someone, shoot them. When they're dead, you can ask if they were friendly if you wish or say sorry...

Good guys who ask before shooting dont survive...

If you kill some one with positive humanity, you get a murder. Doesn't matter if he hit you first, or hit your friend, or murdered your friend. If he had negative humanity, you get a bandit kill.

Rocket will probably add a PvP icon that displays in the right hand side -- if you hit a player who does not have that icon, you get that icon. If you kill some one WITH that icon you get no hit to humanity.

So if some one hits another player, you can kill him free of guilt/humanity.

Unfortunately survivors qq'ed b/c in the mean time they can no longer tell bandits from friendlies in the slightest. Though I don't see why since I saw so many bandits simply say "no wait I'm no bandit I'm friendly!" in side chat followed by "a survivor was killed" "LIAR"

He definitely hit me first because he broke my leg. The thing is' date=' he had no reason to shoot me. He was being a turd and he got what he deserved.

[/quote']

Glad you got him, then! :)

Can't tell you the satisfaction I've gotten from turning the tables on jerks shooting at me for no reason (usually from a distance with their sniper rifle, where contact could have easily been avoided), who I managed to rush and kill (often with only my lowly Makarov). I know they're just being jerk butts because when I kill them and loot them, they almost always have everything you could even need, so clearly, they were just trying to snipe me for sport. Well, thanks for all the free goodies all you derpy guys who enjoy killing for sport with sniper rifles but aren't very good at close quarters deathmatch! LOL

All a lack of a bandit skin meant was that the guy hadn't murdered a bunch of people yet.