Sign in to follow this  
bigdaddy2510

cant join any servers

I just bought arma 2 and arma 2 OA today on steam, and i followed the instructions given to install the dayz mod exactly, i went over it multiple time and watched the video to install it a bunch. put the files on the armadirectory/@dayz/Addons and unzipped them and everything.

yet when i open the game (yes i open arma 2 CO) it will say missing building parts, then when i try to join a server it kicks me out and tell me "you cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted." chernarus.

i really need some help cause i dont remember deleting any files and i am completely lost here.

I would recommend you re-download the mod files. Then you need to make sure its in /arma2operationarrowhead/@dayz/addons in your steam.

I see you said its in the arma2 folder and not the OA folder so that is likely the problem

Go to your steam library and right click OA and go to properties, click set launch options and add -mod=@DayZ

give steam a restart

try the game, if it doesn't work or you get an error verify integrity

im in the same position. i just went into the path steamapps/common/arma2operationarrowhead/common and copied all the chernarus. files and copied them into the addons folder. but now when im loading into a server it stops jsut before the end of the receiving data loading bar and then kicks me out.

I tryed that and i had it right, but still nothing has changed, it keeps saying addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CAbuildingparts', as soon as i open up CO and then kicks me out of the server just befor i get in saying the chernarus thing every time

I tryed that and i had it right' date=' but still nothing has changed, it keeps saying addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CAbuildingparts', as soon as i open up CO and then kicks me out of the server just befor i get in saying the chernarus thing every time

[/quote']

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Just tried installing for the first time tonight.

EDIT: Ah, a friend helped me get it working. If you copy the addons folder from your normal arma folder into the operation arrowhead folder, it'll get rid of this error.

EDIT: AH, spoke too soon. Once I got into a server, I now get "no rentry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons'" Still working on that one.

that got me past that error, and im alowed to pick my role in the game as a survivor and then when its just about done loading it kicks me out with no reason why

and when it kicks me back to the multiplayer screen it says waiting for character to creat

I have a somewhat similiar problem. I had the "buidling parts" message come up but after quitting OA and starting up Combined Operations it was fine.

Except now I'll get into a server. Recieve mission data and immediatly get booted back to the server select screen. No warning. No message. Nothing. Just Recieving Mission data. Boom. Server select.

Edit: and now that I find a server that lets me in... its hanging at "Loading"

sigh. Alpha stage mod a Go! XD

Also getting a "waiting for character to create."

Getting kicked back to the server browser is likely a issue with BattleEye, I don't know the method off hand, but try reinstalling BattleEye.

i had the same problem.

it is a problem with battle eye, go into steam folder find battle eye and double click it i got a error message battleye didnt install properly do you want to reinstall? click yes and it worked for me.

im in the same position. i just went into the path steamapps/common/arma2operationarrowhead/common and copied all the chernarus. files and copied them into the addons folder. but now when im loading into a server it stops jsut before the end of the receiving data loading bar and then kicks me out.

Yeah, i get the same, glad to know its just not me!