Austin Wigley

Cannot Connect Multiple Users since 1.7

Since the 1.7 patch, my three mates [one standalone, two using steam] have been unable to connect to DayZ at the same time.

We often play together with a big squad, but since then we've been forced to separate, and often can't play on ANY servers once one of us has spawned in.

I've seen a few threads in here about this issue, none with answers, so I am reposting with a *POSSIBLE* solution.

It was brought up to me on Reddit that the CD keys can cause this issue, and a simple regedit of the keys to make them variations could fix it. I don't know about the quality of this hotfix, but until it's addressed by Rocket this may be the only chance us LAN party guys have at playing.

:-/

Um, I don't think it's 1.7, I think it's been the past week. I downloaded 1.7 right when it came out for beta, and it has only been for the past week that lag between players.

In less you are talking about actually having difficulty joining at the same time on the same IP address, that sounds like a very specific issue.

In less you are talking about actually having difficulty joining at the same time on the same IP address' date=' that sounds like a very specific issue.

[/quote']

We're not joining at the same time - we just can't get into the same server, and potentially when one of us is logged in all servers will autokick us.

I think you may be right about it being in the past week, not 1.7 - I just assumed it was because I downloaded 1.7 on sunday when the server admins decided to update.

I'm assuming we're on the same IP address, as we're in the same house and running on the same router.

The similar IP might be a VERY VERY specific issue for you. I rarely hear of LAN party's taking place with this game. Battle Eye might be kicking you because of the similar I.P. maybe? What is the warning you get when you are kicked?

No errors, just "connection failed".

Please, before you call BS, take into account that we've been testing this for about 5-6 days now. I can connect to any server if my buddies aren't in-game, and the second one of them logs into a server the others cannot. Sometimes it's just that server, sometimes it's all of them.

One connection basically fucks us all over. The second that person d/c's we're good to login, again.