Sign in to follow this  
vilegendiv

need help with DayZ

hi i am thinking about getting a pc for dayZ and various other games and my budget is £250 and i have found this pc http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=gaming+computers&hl=en&newwindow=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11228699193718123196&sa=X&ei=ZA5AUOLtB8LS0QWa5oGoDA&ved=0CH4Q8wIwAQ

Would it run dayZ quickly and if you know of a better pc than this for £250 let me know thanks :)

Hmm its always cheaper and more effective to build your own PC from the ground up. Having a look at the specs then I would definitely say Yes, it will run Arma/Dayz. You have to remember that Dayz is running off Arma2 and this is now a couple of years old. The machine is a good build to work upon as well when you get more money, ie upgrade the HDD from 500 mg to a 1 gig. The only question I would have is around the video card, I would suggest trying to upgrade that upon purchase, you normally can get upgrades quite cheap with a complete system so look into that. I had a quick look at the vid card and even though it should run Dayz fine it is starting to fall behind against the newer cards out there. Ie it might run Dayz Fine but struggle in Battlefield 3 etc, lets face it you will be playing other games on this machine and even games that are not released yet.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Remember two things, 1) Dayz is going standalone, no idea what specs it might need or if they differ from now. 2) Arma3 is coming out, from all accounts this will need a beefy PC to run at maximum settings. Just giving you a heads up that you dont buy something now that is outdated in a couple of months.

Edited by Arch

thats a pretty good pc for the money, as Arch said graphics cards are the most important aswell as ram and cpu i myself have recently spent what your budget is on a graphics card so :)