Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

The curse of the Dew

So we had this plan after scoring a can of Dew at Stary. Basically we wer going to alternate the Dew between our group of three and keep it alive for as long as we could. The Dew carrier always staying out of danger as we traversed the map, to make it a decent challenge we were going to hit all of the high pvp spots and not just loiter in the woods killing beasts.

So anyway, shit went wrong straight up. My partner had to come from Kamenka to join us at our camp so we could start off on the journey. My mate was loading in while i was waiting anear base camp and alt f4'd out as he was stuck at the loading screen for ages. So he spawns at Elektro with no gear. I check and his body has appeared at our camp dead. So sweet, he is running up so we can all form up and head out. I go for a quick run to Stary and surprise surprise the Bike is there. Jump on and head down to pick them up one by one.

My partner tells me she has found a pushy at the lighthouse so its all good, sweet. Then my mate says he has just been hit by a zed when he proned instead of running..yeh he is a tool..and has broken legs. Just near Mogilevka. I go find him, morphine, bloodbag, pick him up and head back to the camp. My game starts lagging like fuck, 5-7 second pauses and 1-2 seconds of movement.So basically unplayable. I tell him i need to get out and possibly restart. The game totally freezes and i cannot do anything. The bike is stopped though so i manage to abort.

Spawn in again and i am at Krutoy Cap. Boo. I check my gear..still have the Dew..sweet, my m14 and a couple of mags, bandage, morph, bloodpack and a G17 with no ammo..weird, i had like 6 mags, but whatever. Check my m4a1cco and it also has no mags, must have glitched right ?

So anyway my partner has got lost and is somewhere , we think, north of Rogovo..we are waiting for her to find a sign. My mate is now on his way down to get me on the bike. I am running up the coastal forest and decide to head into the barn at the three valleys intersection to grab a pepsi or coke. Run inside..pepsi and pasta..sweet as bro ! Head out and hear a shot ring out behind me. Lee Enfield..start ziggin and zaggin across the road and through the bushes up the hill. Four more shots but i cannot spot the shooter, the last two shots are definitely a bit further away though.

I run right over the top of the hill then as soon as i am below the crest i turn left at full sprint for about 30 seconds. I get behind a tree, crouch and pull out the M14, start scoping along the top of the hill waiting to see if old mate is going to come over the top. I start backing up slowly while scoping , get stuck on something, a tree i think, move right a bit..then get that sliding noise, see some big rocks on my left..slide slide..snap arrghhh..broken bones, fall into the Quarry i have nicely reversed into and die.

Fuck. I tell the crew what has happened ..my mate is riding full tilt to save the Dew, my partner has worked out she is at Kabanino and is all good heading for camp , we tell her to just keep on pedalling and wait for us... I reswpawn at Kamenka..fucking Kamenka. Things slowly go even further downhill from here. My mate runs into the back of car/ truck at Staroye and is fucked up. My partner has to leave as it is nearly 2 am, plus we had been to a concert earlier in the night and we are all pretty flogged. But hey it was Apocalyptica so it fucking rocked :)

I keep running, my mate gets the massive loading screen again and after a few minutes says fuck this and calls it quits so i am on my own. Thanks pal :D whatever ..i am determined to get that fucking Dew.

I make it to Elektro, via Cherno for a drink and a can of food, score an M4A1 CCO on the top floor of the firestation. Sweet lol, just one mag though. I meet a dude at the church, i give him the old Q E dance and he follows. He actually scores an enfield in the pub and doesn't shoot me, maybe he was still freaked out because i never shot him originally. We move across the road and he heads upstairs in the school/office block.

While i cover down the bottom, i see a tent just poking out of the wall, another M4A1 CCO with one mag. He comes down with an alice and i lead him to the tent, he takes the gun and we head to the shops. I grab some beanz and a coke and notice he has split the scene. I see him once more about a minute later, we run past each other near the house leading up to the power station, he has a bunch of zeds on him that tag onto me and i lead them out of Elektro, up the hill and start the home run for my corpse.

After much running i make it to the top of the Quarry, about 10 metres away from where i had slipped and died. Thank fuck i think. nearly 3 am now.

Session lost. wtf ? I check six and no servers will load, close it, reopen. Nothing. Open the net..you are being redirected to your broadband hompage..i have run out of net (prepaid broadband) Really ? Now ? Not five minutes later so i could have got the Dew. like exactly when i was at the Dew. Fuck me.

Too much shit went wrong for this to be the standard dayz/arma fuckups.

The Dew.

We did not even get underway on our planned journey, only two of the three of us even got to see the Dew.

The Dew. It only takes, it does not give. Next can i get i am drinking it. Even if i am not thirsty.

A friend of mine had recently found two Dews. He only had them for a few hours before he fell to his death off an apartment. I was in the super marker across the street. By chance I looked out onto the street at the very moment he falls from the building. Splat he goes in front me. I picked up the dews for him. Once we met up again, I passed them along and we didn't think much of it, but we later both died.

I killed a guy once because he didn't believe in the dew curse after picking one up. he told his friend that "the curse is bullshit" and then i sniped him.

I got shot in the face after looting and drinking one in the apartments in Cherno. Was no one else around when I went in either.

it is a curse i was driving a quad and going on 2 wheels like they always do and userly flip and this was for almost the hole day and then i found a dew i was a like sweet start driving 5 mins later on flat ground my quad launches does around 4 flips then lands i was like is it going 2 make it and then it start tilting i was like yes yes yes it lands then BANG it blows up even though after the flip it was all still on green it sucked i only just survied the explosion with 4k blood so i can my friend to come and give me a blood pack it was sweet and all afterthat then i was riding a pushy and then it started riding on its front wheel was going werid so i was like i better stop so i dont die and i get off it and then break a leg so i fix my self up and then keep going and i needed more room for some other stuff so i drop the dew and then nothing werid or glitchy happen from there on....

Dew was very kind to me, once I found 3 (I kid you not) @ the NWAF in a guard house @ a gate, I didn't have space so I just drank them all, survived 30+ days and racked over 1.3k zombie kills.