Sign in to follow this  
wasrad

THe only way retail DayZ would be good...

is if it is not on this hackfest of an engine. Seriously it is awful.

That is all.

is if it is not on this hackfest of an engine. Seriously it is awful.

That is all.

Very in-depth thread.

Well given that Bohemia are releasing ARMA 3 soon and from what I hear a lot of the work that's gone into DayZ can be carried over into that, I imagine the new engine improvements would be able to rectify most the issues caused by the current one, zombie path finding for example or recognising doors or even walls as obstacles.

So really it's only a matter of patience. On another Note, the game going to retail? I dunno if they will take it beyond a mod, but if they did produce it as more an 'DLC expansion' and dedicate a lot more into it I amongst many would likely buy it, on ARMA 3's engine of course.

Keep in mind that most of the cheats are scripts and those can easily be prevented with a new binary (for DayZ) that has these parts removed...

Well given that Bohemia are releasing ARMA 3 soon and from what I hear a lot of the work that's gone into DayZ can be carried over into that' date=' I imagine the new engine improvements would be able to rectify most the issues caused by the current one, zombie path finding for example or recognising doors or even walls as obstacles.

So really it's only a matter of patience. On another Note, the game going to retail? I dunno if they will take it beyond a mod, but if they did produce it as more an 'DLC expansion' and dedicate a lot more into it I amongst many would likely buy it, on ARMA 3's engine of course.

[/quote']

not holding my breath. this has been said when arma was coming out and arma 2. The shitty part is IT IS ALL THE SAME TYPE OF HACK

BIS needs to stop storing data that should be server side in client memory and files. it is uber-retarded

Keep in mind that most of the cheats are scripts and those can easily be prevented with a new binary (for DayZ) that has these parts removed...

Yeah.....you wanna put money on that? It isthe same hacks since OFP, nothing is going to chagne.