Sign in to follow this  
TheSoulMan

Can't get Dayz to work (i'm using retail not steam)

i'm trying to get dayz to work on my non steam game by using the information given from this " http://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1336170122278.jpg" i have fallowed all the instructions and i am unable to play on the DayZ servers, i am using six updater and don't everything correctly but when i open the game it just appears as the free version and not the combind OPs like it says on my six updater and when i click on expansion when opened the game the"DayZ" is un ticked and i can't tick it but the arma 2 isallso unticked. could anyone send me a link to a video that helps install when not using steam or help me step by step on this thread

Manually download and install the mods, put them in your arma2oa folder under "/@dayz/addons" and then add -mod=@dayz in your combined ops launch options

i don't have launch options because i'm not using steam and i've done the "-mod=@dayz" thing but that never changed anything

do i even need the arma 2 free version? and what do you mean by make a .bit file?

i am ahving a similar issue but i dont have a arma 2 ao file i just have the arma 2 file with the oa.exe inside it as its installed as combined. any tips?

Mine works when i extracted files to only Addons folder, not to @Dayz folder. Hope it helps.

hey i need help too i dont even know where to get the files at where to put them im completely lost when it comes to mods can somebody help me?