CDMWTF

DayZ community Banlisted on most scandinavien servers (detailed)

When i try joining a game on a SE og DK og even NO server, on most of the servers i get " u have been banned " " Banlisted on dayz community serverlist " "ADMIN BAN" etc. etc. etc.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!

I dont have a clue on why im banned, and i have never hacked in dayz. I HATE HACKERS!

Servers i tried to connect to but refused on:

DK 100

SE 6

SE 47

After those three i gave up. Like its not frustrating enough to deal with hackers... now we have to deal with admins who ban without a reason.

Atleast i would like to hear why the admin banned me... did i shoot his sister or something? A community banlist shouldnt be possible without the prober proof!

My ingame name is CDM

I dont know what more u need as for information on me :)

Let's for a minute assume you're innocent..

There are several scenarious where your serial number could get banned. One of the more popular theories are phishing attempts, where you get an e-mail prompting you to enter certain information, or you downloaded a program promissing something fantastic. Malware in other words, and your serial number got leaked. That's probably the best explanation if you insist on being innocent. You can try and appeal your community ban, and honestly I have no clue whatsoever where you might do that. Hopefully someone else could enlighten you better on that part.

Or you could just get over it and buy yourself a new copy of them game (if Steam you would need to ask Steam to remove the game in question first from your account, due to it being worthless).

Unfortunately I will not remove bans that originate from the community ban list. However should you in the unlikely scenario get removed from the list, you will be removed from our server as well (in good time that is).

Edited by TolaGarf

Let's for a minute assume you're innocent..

There are several scenarious where your GUID (based on your cdkey/serial number) could get banned. One of the more popular theories are phishing attempts, where you get an e-mail prompting you to enter certain information, or you downloaded a program promissing something fantastic. Malware in other words, and your GUID got leaked. That's probably the best explanation if you insist on being innocent. You can try and appeal your community ban, and honestly I have no clue whatsoever where you might do that. Hopefully someone else could enlighten you better on that part.

Or you could just get over it and buy yourself a new copy of them game (if Steam you would need to ask Steam to remove the game in question first from your account, due to it being worthless).

Unfortunately I will not remove bans that originate from the community ban list. However should you in the unlikely scenario get removed from the list, you will be removed from our server as well (in good time that is).

Stop spreading misinformation.

There's no way to "clone" some ones GUID.

It matters not a fuck if someone posts your GUID anywhere.

If he's community ban-listed then there have been suspicious - possible hacking - events occuring for his player.

If you don't understand a subject, read up on it before hand instead of making undereducated assumptions and leading others on.

There's a thread on this very forum dedicated to the community ban list ;)

• Like 1

Atleast i would like to hear why the admin banned me... did i shoot his sister or something? A community banlist shouldnt be possible without the prober proof!

My ingame name is CDM

I dont know what more u need as for information on me :)

The software these servers are using is NOT run by an Admin it is pretty much Automated. :thumbsup:

Stop spreading misinformation.

There's no way to "clone" some ones GUID.

It matters not a fuck if someone posts your GUID anywhere.

If he's community ban-listed then there have been suspicious - possible hacking - events occuring for his player.

If you don't understand a subject, read up on it before hand instead of making undereducated assumptions and leading others on.

There's a thread on this very forum dedicated to the community ban list ;)

That was an error on my part. I didn't actually mean GUID, I meant simply his serial number. And those really aren't hard to grab from the registry in Windows.

And tone down your aggression dude. You act like a jerk.

If you have been banned by the Community Ban List (CBL), please make a ban appeal here.

First you need to search for your GUID. If you got it, search with the setting "All Issues" in the CBL for it. If you can find your ban, open that ticket and click the green "Ban-Appeal" on the left side.

If you can't find a ticket, search the CBL for your GUID. If it's on it, open up a new Issue on the CBL and write "Ban appeal" as title. Then write your appeal and put in your GUID there so the Admins there can investigate the case further.

If you are innocent I hope this will help you and you should be unbanned.

Edited by System98

This is ridicoulous.

So what you are saying is that in your "community" its allowed to ban people without proof of hack or any other illigale actions made?. And then afterwards you dont even have to face the one you have banned? Thats NOT the way of a community, thats the way of a dictatorship.

I would like to know why i was banned. Your kick messege doesnt really state that anywhere.

Second, saying that i could buy a new game, is just ................._ :D_................... Im not even gonna say anything more to that.

Third, im not stupid. I dont read mails from the prince of mumbai with amazing promises of free choppers and then fall for it.

Show me the proof, show me a screenshot, a log, ANYTHING that makes this ban legit.

Last but not least, i would like to know where u can make a official complaint on this ban, and on the admin in your community, since this is not only on one server, but a majority of the scandinavien servers.

Edited by CDMWTF

Don't really care about your ranting dude, it won't help you. Contact the people in charge of the Community Ban List and sort it out with them.

This is ridicoulous.

Not really, it's their servers.

So what you are saying is that in your "community" its allowed to ban people without proof of hack or any other illigale actions made?. And then afterwards you dont even have to face the one you have banned? Thats NOT the way of a community, thats the way of a dictatorship.

Yep, they pay for it, you are a guest. The fact that they bother to provide a log file, most of the time, is a courtesy.

System98: thanks for the help :).

Tolgraf: Why are u posting here? You are not contributing with anything.

Gogster: So u think that because someone got a server (and paid for it), they can go around and accuse people of hacking, and what not? If u dont think thats abusing your power as an admin, you really shouldnt be a admin :).

Bans in the CBL require logs. Granted you won't find very old cases there and I myself am too new on the CBL to know how those old bans got there, but there surely was a reason to do so.

As in RL, non one is perfect and even on the CBL there might be some innocent bans. But saying the "CBL suxx and should be forbidden, because innocents are banned too!" is like saying "We don't need a justice system in RL, because innocent people might be sentenced to jail!". No matter what you do, there WILL always be hackers and cheaters in DayZ. But the CBL is a good way to set a boundary and to ensure that most servers are hacker/cheater free to some point. Without those bans, you'd find dozens of cheaters more on each server a day. Even with the banlist and filters working I find several each day trying to bypass them.

Right now to get a ban considered on the CBL, logs are needed. Yes, a bad admin could fake those. But I really doubt there's a lot of guys willing to do that much effort. If someone wants to ban you, he will do so on his server, but not report it to the CBL most likely. Even if he does, tha ban might not be approved and even if it does, you can appeal for it.

If a server admin doesn't want to use the CBL that's fine for me, but I certainly would not play on a server that doesn't use it. Cheating and hacking in DayZ got ridiculous and without someone trying to make the life of every legit and honest player out there at least a bit more secure this mod would soon be unplayable due to all those cheaters.

I'm not saying the OP is a cheater or hacker, but to be honest, the most people on the CBL deserve to be banned. I check my logs every day and you non-Server admins would be shocked, how much hacking, cheating and scripting is going on in DayZ every day.

€dit: No problem. I'll watch how your appeal goes, I'm curious myself. Old bans can't be found in the CBL databse for some reason, so I also have no idea why youa re on the list. Maybe it was a false positive. Sometimes the logs aren't 100% clear and some admins might confuse a legit action that looks suspicious for a hack.

Edited by System98

I agree. CBL is nice (i didnt know about it, before i got banned, and u told me about it)

But being on the other end and have to deal with this ban, knowing you havent done anything to deserve it. Thats just bah.

Dealing with admins who then just assume you cheat, because you are banned on CBL (or anywhere else for that matter) is frustating. I like playing with scandinaviens, but i cant now :/ Atleast not on many of the servers.

Btw, i couldnt find my GUID on CBL, but i made a ban appeal anyways.

Im not a dayZ geek, so this ban (if not removed) will just end in me not playing it before stand-alone version arrives :). Or on other Non-cbl servers. Or mb just swap to warZ.. :/

Edited by CDMWTF

Gogster: So u think that because someone got a server (and paid for it), they can go around and accuse people of hacking, and what not? If u dont think thats abusing your power as an admin, you really shouldnt be a admin :).

Well you don't get to make that decision - to be honest everyone I ban has a cheat entry in the log files, I have yet to find someone griefing on our servers, being racist or upsetting the game in any other fashion, but irrespective if I did, they would be banned. They can type what they want here, they don't pay for my servers.

Name me one other game where the game producers have a forum where people can come and cry they've been banned? Only here we have this ridiculous sense of entitlement .

Tolgraf: Why are u posting here? You are not contributing with anything.

Because I'm one of the server admin of DK100. Good morning to you!

Tolgraf: Whats your point? You are still not contributing with anything.

Tolgraf: Whats your point? You are still not contributing with anything.

My point is you're crying wolf, and nobody really cares.

Tolagraf: could u please just stay away from my post?

No! Stop trying to be the forum police. I have all the reasons to post here, especially considering I stayed on topic and had valid reasons to respond to your arguements when it involved my server.

Bans in the CBL require logs. Granted you won't find very old cases there and I myself am too new on the CBL to know how those old bans got there, but there surely was a reason to do so.

Right now to get a ban considered on the CBL, logs are needed. Yes, a bad admin could fake those. But I really doubt there's a lot of guys willing to do that much effort. If someone wants to ban you, he will do so on his server, but not report it to the CBL most likely. Even if he does, tha ban might not be approved and even if it does, you can appeal for it.

Generally, even newer cases are only partly publically visible. One reason for that is, that we don't want to give away too much information on which things still work reasonably well at telling who is actually cheating and who isn't. Another reason is, that most of the bans right now are not being "added" at once, even if, from the logs, someone looks guilty. Most, more or less all, in fact, of the bans that have been reported via issues are currently kept in a database and only flagged if there are at least multiple reports for the same GUID (I hope to be able to find the time to finish programming the entire scripting and putting that online so it can be automated entirely, instead of my having to do that at the moment), there is auxiliary evidence that makes the likelihood of a fake very small or the ban comes from a handful of people, including BIS employees who have been assisting with cheating detection mechanisms.

As for the appeal, I'll look into it asap.

Now im banned again... I played last night, on SE 6, with a friend. I updated to 1.7.2.6 today, aswell as the new arma version 96584/96585 - and then i get " you were kicked of the game (battleeye: Admin ban - Seen by JM)

This is for more then one server, so I guess this means im on the CBL banlist again... for doing...... nothing :D.

cbl lo000ves me. <3.

I dont know which server im banned on tbh.

When i try joining other servers i just get this message. w91d9cb59 0xdeadbeef

I think i know the reason for the ban (tho im not sure). I played on a server some days ago, where a hacker scripted the shit out of the server (multiple cars at balota)

After the server restartede because of the massiv scripting (i was playing with my two friends who i live with, and who can confirm im not a cheater)

We shot a guy on the same server after the server restart, and he had some okay items (L85A2 AWS and rangefinder) but not items u normally see on a hacker (best bag, best weaps (As50 and m4 sd) And he died quite easily... (normally hackers have godmod or some shit on)

We shared the loot, since we played in a group.

I got the L85A2 AWS since im the " sniper " in our group, and that was the best weap we had at that time for that job.

Since the player we killed didnt seem like a hacker, I ofc. keept the weapon, and my friends keept their loot (if u cant loot ppl u shot in dayz now, without getting banned, whats the point playing the game?)

I played 2-3 hours more on that server, and i logged into a couple of other servers yesterday, and played (even killed a bandit in berezino) and i started running to solnichny, i went to the water pool located in solnichny and filled up my 2 bottles, and logged out.

Today im banned.

Dno if this is whats happende.

Edited by CDMWTF

Ah, now you've typed this:

w91d9cb59 0xdeadbeef

I believe it IS a CBL ban. Have you checked the CBL list using your GUID?

Yes, and i cant seem to find my guid anywhere (other then the other ban appeal i made last time - which is Status: Done