Luckyman92

Non-pvp Servers

I'd like to see non-pvp servers added to DayZ.

The reason(s):

I LOVE teamwork in all games and mods and other stuff so i want some servers here too.

I hate getting shot by someone just because i carried a useful gun.

You can keep some pvp servers 'cause I think other people like it though.

I probably won't be playing until the standalone game, if this doesnt get in the game.

I like dayz right now but 80% of my deaths are other players.

Fighting against bandits with no weapons is boring.

So please add them i would really like to play with strangers together.

Feel free to discuss about it.

Ty for giving me attention.

• Like 3

I'm assuming that you haven't played much DayZ? The zombies are extremely easy to avoid and without the threat of other players, there is almost no point to playing.

This has been suggested before and shot down by other players and even Rocket himself has said this won't happen.

Welcome to the forums, though.

Taking PVP out of the game takes away from the very core values that Rocket based the game on. If you can't handle it, play something else.

If you don't like PVP, make a private hive and play with only you and your friends. Then check out how boring that shit is without bandits.

• Like 1

Start going to low populated servers, go on the servers TeamSpeak, go to Veteran Servers without 3rd person.

But best way of beeing able to do some more then beeing afraid for your life is to go into Team Speak servers and start talking to the guys, make friends.

Keep an eye out for the little messages when you join a server, some servers have there own ts server.

Use the ingame voice option on "direct communications" channel, talk to other players, if they do not react to your voice, just kill them or evade them. Talking to people seems to help having there trigger finger to be some what more relaxed. Also if they do react, from there voice you can make up if they are to trust. I once had a guy who was way to friendly, i just evaded him, i didn't trust him.

• Like 1

Since a couple of days i now play with a group, the gameplay of Dayz has changed because of this. I now am not that much busy trying to survive and find loot, we now have different goals, like stealing choppers on other servers and search out the island for camps and other high end gear dudes.

Not that we are any good tho, 2 days ago we had a rival clan raiding our server and they found some of our tents, they took there time to slowly transfering stuff from our tents on our server to there own server. Some other dudes have stolen our chopper, it took us more then a day to find it back.

There is now some really interesting things developing, like spy's coming to our server and we spying on them. every night it is a surprise what happened on our server while we were away, its exciting.

We are not noob killers, we just find other well geared clans and try to find fair fights, zombies are at this moment just extra fun in our games.

i just love it, i have been playing on my own for a couple of months and i was getting bored, but now the game took a completely new turn. I really suggest you try and find some friends to play with, just join some TS and start talking away.

Good luck, and have fun.

• Like 3

as stated above play on low pop Veteran servers , with 3rd person on and nametage OFF..

this will cut down on your chance to run into grievers who'll pop you just cuz they saw you..

as for people who poopoo on PVE servers, dont worry about them, narrowminded people are everywere..

hopefully the standalone does have more "options" for playstyles within this sandbox then this mod currently allows.

alright.. i'll do some of the stuff you guys said above.

But thanks for replying so fast.

I won't read this post anymore so please don't try to contact me here

// Post closed.

1-5 co-op server with tons of zombie is better than non-pvp server i think

this server will have mission like go to NW airfield for evacuation

1-5 co-op server with tons of zombie is better than non-pvp server i think

this server will have mission like go to NW airfield for evacuation

So this would be co-op not MP

Pvp is a main part of the mod. Look at the dayz wiki in FAQ's.

Anyone that follows this forum should have noticed that a very large amount of players are not here for yet another PvP-game - they are here for the survival-part - and I think Rocket et al have realized that. I also think/hope that there will be different types of modes, catering to the different play-styles, hopefully including some mode that mixes them both in a better way.

There was a better threat about this. I think there should a "care bear" mode. No pvp but everything looks fluffy. Would be so noobs can learn.

The fear of always having to look over your shoulder is what makes the game.

Even in a low pop server, several times ive been going slow on my belly in the middle of nowhere, and ill have my mate behind me all like "dude we are miles away from anywhere, i doubt any one will be out here, plus theres only 5 dudes on the sever" he runs up ahead of me, and boom he dies from a sniper waiting in hills miles away.

No matter how many players are in the game, you always have to assume they are watching you. thats what makes the game.

Taking PVP out of the game takes away from the very core values that Rocket based the game on. If you can't handle it, play something else.

So why does every server have to be exactly what you want? You are not going on every server at once. SOME people do not like the aspect of pvp.. some people do. Explain to me how it affects you in any way if a group of people are playing in their little non pvp server, when you can log on and go to your pvp server and have all the fun you want there?

The Op Is not saying that EVERY FUCKING server has to be Non pvp. He wants the ability to make non pvp specific servers. Why should players who do not wish to be caught in sniper wars not be allowed to play the way they want? Hmm?

The ideal way to make it so Non Pvp servers wouldn't affect Pvp servers is to have the gear not transferable to the other. Seperate lives on each servers. See? there fixed. You don't have to worry about them "farming" gear in either server to bring it over to the other.

Again if you love pvp so much good, just go to pvp servers and have the time of your life. Some people out there like to grab a group of friends and try to do that surviving. Sure zombies may be weak... SO WHAT!

• Like 1

DayZ is more PvP then PvE so this will brake it

Again.. OP is not saying that EVERY server has to be pve just some... You join up play pve if you get bored switch to pvp.. Idealy stats/items/char will not transfer

If you don't want to be running through a zombie infested deathtrap, full of murderous bandits and heroes of the apocalypse fighting for survival, you're playing the wrong game.

This is DayZ... Someone will shoot you for your beans, bullets or bandages, it's inevitable.

And it's your job to survive the madness, or add to it.

Non pvp becomes a walking simulator, where your major adversaries are doors, stairs and the weather.

Just play a legit hero, you'll still get shot at a lot, but you'll have fun doing it. (between bouts of pure rage and dismay) ^_^

alright i see i had a bad idea and like i said; i won't play it anymore. will play warz because it's already almost at closed beta AND no scam. you'll have to wait years until the standalone because they are a very small team. this is too buggy thats why i stopped playing it.

Have fun by spawning on the coast with next login ;) thats what happened to me btw

EDIT: I actually gave you a reply, but you don't deserve it.

Go have a chug to your "Armed to the teeth, no PvP, dreamland"

I certainly hope WarZ can deliver. Because it will help scrape the shit off DayZ's shoes.

Edited by Chabowski

I would like to point out that there should be a nopvp server option there is no reason not to add the function. if you want to play pvp you are more than welcome to STFU and find a server that is PVP enabled but to fight tooth and nail to prevent the feature from being added is just being a Dick and taking away from desperatly needed functionality. especially with the rampent hacking disabling pvp is a must as it would protect players from the infamous teleport everyone to me and mow them down with a MG greif. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WOULD FIGHT TO PREVENT A NOPVP FLAG ARE PLAYERS WHO WANT A LISCENSE TO GREIF ON ANY SERVER REGARDLESS OF THE ADMIN TEAMS RULES.,

Edited by Mikeloeven
  • Like 1

Op has a sulk because people didn't like his idea, im glad to see the back of him, go enjoy your care bear covered world in warZ.

also this needed to be posted.

disabling pvp is a must as it would protect players from the infamous teleport everyone to me and mow them down with a MG greif.

What makes you think a script kiddy couldn't kill you on a non PvP server if they wanted to?

EDIT: @OP - It may seem like everyone is against your idea, that's most likely because they are, and they should be.

If you don't like the way the game is set up, you have two options. Neither of them has anything to do with changing the game.

(I'll give you a clue, one of them is "Stop complaining, play the game, learn to deal with it.")
Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

What makes you think a script kiddy couldn't kill you on a non PvP server if they wanted to?

Hey I just met you

and this is crazy

but heres my beans

eat them maybe.