Marldain

Admin Ban US 4551

So I am not really sure what heppened here. I was running around desparatly trying to find food throughout Kamenka and so on towards Cherno. Only thing I could find was a hatchet and a shotgun, so when I get into Cherno I go to behind the hospital to grab supplies and I get shot at from god knows where, so I run around a corner into the hospital and sat in a corner to wait for the guy shooting at me. About 20 seconds goes by and it says I was kicked and banned by admin for "weapon box". I have no idea what that means.

The admin beleives that you have used a script or "hack" to spawn a weapon crate.

What this is can be seen in this video:

That would be neat but all I had was a shotgun with 5 bullets and a hatchet.

I was wondering how this appeal thread works really. Do the moderators even check it? Do they care?

Marldain,

You are not the only one. I tried to login to that server this morning and got immediately kicked with a message that I had an admin ban for "Remote Scripting" - I think that is what it said. I am hanging out right now on their teamspeak to ask an admin to look at it, but no one is on yet. I will let you know what I find out. Like you, I have never hacked in a game. This is the only server where this is happening for me so I am wondering if one of their new anti-hacking procedures went haywire. This is a great server, so I hope I can get it cleared up. I played two days ago during my lunch time and found an MP5 SD6 that I am looking forward to trying out. I had to log out and get back to work before I could even use it :) I did not have a chance to play again until about 30 minutes ago and then I got that message upon login so I do not know what is up.

Orion

Well if you find something out can you let me know? And possibly direct them here. Teamspeak is the only VOIP I do not use.

The tally continues - a guy named "WASP" just joined the teamspeak server for US 4551 and asked me if I was an admin. I told him I was hanging out and waiting for one. He said he just got banned and didn't know why. We compared the messages we got and it was the same. Some is definitely up.

By the way, the message was actually "Remote Code Execution" I tried connecting again to make sure I had the message right.

Additional info - it was also listed that the reason came from DayZ Anti Hax. Just trying to get as much info down as I can in case someone starts looking at this.

Another guy popped up on TS - "Justin" - he was also banned and was looking for an admin to find out what is going on.

Another guy popped up on TS - "Justin" - he was also banned and was looking for an admin to find out what is going on.

Yeah I was running around with him the other day, I think he was with a buddy. We were messing around on a bridge just before a server restart.

I joined this server and was banned as well. Currently waiting in teamspeak for an admin. The message was for Remote Code Execution... the strange thing is there are 8 people in the server that didn't get banned

Marldain - talking to an admin now - named Kimura - he is looking at the server - it was a new auto detect hack software causing it. I told him your name - is this your in game name too?

Marldain - talking to an admin now - named Kimura - he is looking at the server - it was a new auto detect hack software causing it. I told him your name - is this your in game name too?

Yeah I have the same name in game. Also I found something by Justin lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orMKJ71V0gQ

• Like 1

he unbanned all people that the program had affected - you should be good. I can get in now.

he unbanned all people that the program had affected - you should be good. I can get in now.

I apprecite your help, but I am still unable to join, could you post the teamspeak info?

Hello, I am one of the admins on US 4551. First, I'd like to apologize for all the problems/inconvenience the new anti-cheat software has caused. I have shut it off for the time being and unbanned everyone that was banned by this program. However, all other bans remain in place. If you want to dispute your ban, voice concerns, or just team up with others, please come into our Teamspeak: voip-1.verthosting.com

Sup. I created DayZ Anti-Hax.

The system isn't perfect, and thus false-positives can happen from time to time, but assuming DayZ Anti-Hax is installed and configured properly -- ideally right after a fresh server install so that things like these hacked weapon boxes don't exist on the map prior to the parser being run -- everything should work as intended. I'm sorry anyone has had any problems using the system, but as I've mentioned many of times, it isn't for everyone.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'll look into this, but to be honest, 'Remote Code Execution' is one of the most sure-fire detections I have available to me and has never been proven wrong before...

Edited by GreyEcho

What is remote code execution?

my ban was from an admin so its unrelated to me, just curious.

What is remote code execution?

my ban was from an admin so its unrelated to me, just curious.

It's when a client attempts to remotely execute code on the server or another client (e.g. spawning hacked weapons). Often times, this is intentional and malicious. DayZ Anti-Hax filters out some possible false-positive detections, then bans anyone caught attempting any type of remote code execution. It is only since recent BattlEye updates and ArmA II OA beta patches that this has become possible.