Sign in to follow this  
Miss Cleo

I Shot A Zombie And It Said It Hurts?

I heard the "Ura ah ah, Oh god!" today. Creepy as hell on a night time server.

Yeah it's just a holdover from Arma's voice clips. Certain lines only trigger after certain damage types/values etc etc. Not all of them got replaced.

But this is one of those occasions where a bug could turn into a compelling game element, like Minecraft's creepers and some such. It would be creepy as fuck to hear the occasional, barely human mumble off "young" zombies. They are technically just infected peoples, not reanimated corpses.

• Like 1

It's a leftover from the Arma2 pain system. Wounded characters mutter certain phrases from time to time. I guess DayZ simply hasn't disabled it.

What he said. It has been happening for a long time, it kind of freaked me out the first time I heard it too though.

Well he sounded French

I always assumed this muttering to be holdovers from Arma, perhaps something in russian. I've heard the one OP is talking about, and it does sound like "fuck that hurts" or perhaps something else in a language I don't know. There's also one that sounds like "I'm dying"

In arma, the same voice clips are used by both american and charnarusian? soldiers, so I think they deliberately made them muttered in an unidentifiable accent.