Sign in to follow this  
damagerix

This game ....

ONLY WORK WITH STEAM WTF ALL THE VIDEO INSTALLION I SAW ITS ONLY WITH ARMA 2 VIA STEAM PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME work with the ones who do not have steam !BECAUSE IVE INSTALLED THE MODD AND EVERYTHING BUT I CANT SEE ANY DAYZ SERVERS PLZ

EDIT: ILL DONATE 10$ PAYPAL FOR THE ONE WHO GET MY GAME TO WORK

ONLY WORK WITH STEAM WTF ALL THE VIDEO INSTALLION I SAW ITS ONLY WITH ARMA 2 VIA STEAM PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME STEAM COMPATIBLE!BECAUSE IVE INSTALLED THE MODD AND EVERYTHING BUT I CANT SEE ANYWAY DAYZ SERVERS PLZ

English, do you speak it?

ONLY WORK WITH STEAM WTF ALL THE VIDEO INSTALLION I SAW ITS ONLY WITH ARMA 2 VIA STEAM PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME STEAM COMPATIBLE!BECAUSE IVE INSTALLED THE MODD AND EVERYTHING BUT I CANT SEE ANYWAY DAYZ SERVERS PLZ

1299931404786.jpg

No troll,please just help I really want to play this game,I cant find any dayz server,ive got the patch installed and everything.

Now you've stopped your caps attack i'll try to help out. :D

First of all even if you download from steam you can launch the game out of steam from the exe files in your steamapps/common folder

I would suggest you use a launcher if your not code savvy.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

This one here works a charm, BUT you will need to define the exe file locations before you start it up. (go to the launch options tab and make sure the locations of the Arma 2 and Arma 2 oa exe files are correct to your PC and then refresh the uploader and start it as Arma2:CO (arma 2 and arma 2:oa running in unison).

edit: you'll know if its working because you'll have the icon for both Arma 2 and Arma 2 operation arrow head in your bottom corner and @dayz in the top tight. If you do not see this, you are not running arma 2:CO.

edit 2: i noticed the paypal thing, i don't want your money the launcher should fix your problems.

thanks but , i bought arma co via http://store.bistudio.com its a digital copy,

Ive installed the mod and everything and arma 2 and oa are in the SAME folder so it do c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@dayz\Addons

ive installed the patch 1.60 too but when i go to multiplayer i write dayz i cant see any server please help i really want to play this game !

thanks but ' date=' i bought arma co via http://store.bistudio.com its a digital copy,

Ive installed the mod and everything and arma 2 and oa are in the SAME folder so it do c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@dayz\Addons

ive installed the patch 1.60 too but when i go to multiplayer i write dayz i cant see any server please help i really want to play this game !

[/quote']

Are there still 2 separate .exe files for Arma (green) and Arma:OA (yellow)?

then having dayz in the directory is no problem.

However you need to play arma 2 combined ops as i stated, so you need to have both of them running in unison (its not as simple as just opening OA and expecting arma II to simply load also)

follow my system above and define both the exes in the launcher, it *should* work.

Just tried what you told me to do and doesnt work,I runned it with as an admin

so you browsed in the launch options and set Arma II and Arma II:OA's exe's, then refreshed the launcher, and selected arma II: OA then clicked start game?

And you're on 1.5.4 and the files in your addons folder are the PBO's only, not the folders which the PBO's are in?

probably going to take some troubleshooting now i had my fair share of problems too, but that launcher sorted it quickly enough.

Yes , i've browsed and for finding arma2.exe then arma2oa.exe and runnin it in arma2 :co with the laucher,

What do you mean by the files in my addons folder are the pbo,s only?

All dayz mod files are in \ArmA 2\@dayz\Addons

there is pbos and no pbos in there?

You don't need a launcher, just modify the shortcut for A2OA. You must use the OA shortcut.

Make sure you have a folder called "@Dayz" in your main ARMA folder. Inside that folder will be an "Addons" folder. All the unpacked Dayz files go inside that folder.

Add "-mod=@Dayz" to the end of your shortcut and your done.

When you get ingame in the upper right hand corner of the menu screen you should see "@dayz".

You now know your loaded. Go to the multiplayer browser and put "Dayz" in the server filter.

Nothing more than that should be needed. I also have a digital copy of Combined Ops.

It should look like the image i've attached. And it needs to be the current version (this mod is updated nearly daily at present, sometimes faster)

Yes ive got "@dayz" on the upper right corner and i still dont see any dayz server

Did you put "Dayz" in the server filter?

You should have @dayz and arma 2 in the top right corner if your running it off arrowhead or the launcher.

If not, you're not running combined ops.

If you do have that, maybe you're router/firewall is blocking it?

Anyway i'm more or less out of guesses now :S

Do you see any servers at all? If you do, click the filter button at the bottom and put "Dayz" in the host field.

Mine just says @dayz in the upper right corner and mine works fine.

I ger the arma too and ive desactived my firewall ffs i really want to play this game :'(

And i could see other servers too , after i wrote in mission dayz and red cross server appear then dissapear

There's something seriously funky going on with your client then, its beyond my rather shallow knowledge - hopefully someone else knows.

Bad luck dude :(