Sign in to follow this  
Protein (DayZ)

TRAIN

So...who is driving the train? Zombies. Zombie train. New movie idea: Snakes on a Plane Zombies on a Train

Samual L Jackson in another role written for him.

I for one would definitely camp the train station with my sniper picking you all off whilst you wait/depart.

Try it

THEN PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. THAT IS PART OF THE EXPERIENCE THAT ROCKET INTENDED.

You think surviving would be easy in such an environment? No. It's all about the feeling that you're alone, facing a massive task just to get your next meal/drink.

If autonomous trains get put into this game I'll stop playing. I play DayZ because it isn't following the usual methods of modern gaming by making everything easy for people who are incapable.

You can still run by forest, don't use train. But others will use.

Personally I think there should be train crashes/derailments like the chopper ones but only have like 2 tops in a server and they can have any type of gear.

Or there should be a fixable train but it really wouldnt be that good, think about it. You cant exactly hide it and it would be cool to have one but it would have to be armoured up so much cause snipers would just pick people off all day and night and if they werent heavily armoured it would blow up or break down to quickly from all the gun shots it would get after going through a town.

NO i would hate to see a NPC controlled train as it would mean there would always be a train going around then people could set up ambushes alot easier on noobs who would use so in the end not much people would use it unless they got nothing or fresh start and there would still be a chance of getting killed.

I think the train crash is a better idea but a repairable one would be fine aswell

Train crash for sure. After reading the original post, I laughed at the thought of having an automatic, infinite-fuelled, ever-running, indestructible train sucking the realism out of DayZ. But I did like the idea of having a fixable one.

Then, a few posts later, I realise that yes; fixing a train would result in you losing it minutes after you log off since people can just follow the tracks with a vehicle, or even just run, until they find it. Despite the fact I think sniping a train, or sniping FROM a train, would be awesome (along with all these other hijackings and such you talk about) I doubt the ArmA 2 engine would cope with being able to actually move around in a vehicle as opposed to sitting down / driving it.

So; train crashes! Reasonable-ish loot but nothing overly impressive since people can just walk down the tracks to find it. Light military loot like basic AK weapons and sidearms would be okay, as well as some ammunition. I'd say they have loads of canned food and drink in, maybe 10-15 of each, as they're likely to be cargo trains if you are talking about wagons. If not cargo trains, then they are commercial trains which would leave virtually no loot apart from a tiny bit of soda or food.

An intriguing idea, but poorly thought out. DayZ is a survival game, this is not Call of Duty, nor is it Battlefield. When the world ends, the rail system will no longer function, because in the real world, it takes dozens of men with years of training and experience to keep even a small stretch of track like the one in Chernarus operational, and that's not even getting into keeping the trains themselves running.

I would love to see Rocket implement a repairable rail system, and perhaps that could be an idea for improving the endgame for survivors/nonbandits, huge scale projects that would take the combined efforts of many people to ever see completed, with players having to gather supplies to repair and maintain stretches of neglected track and locomotives. But in order to fit with the theme and purpose of this game, it would have to be entirely player run.

On that note, implementing this alongside the power grid mod, where you can actually restore/cut power to Chernarus would go a long way towards feeling like our lives are making a difference, and could potentially see the reform of many bandits. Though there will always be some who just want to see the world burn.

I would keep all new features out, that would make the game easier or less authentic.

I want DayZ to become a real fight for survival, That I'm thankful for every Bean Can, Every Bullet, Every Drop of Fuel I can find.

So, The idea of an automated train is complete extreme utter bullshit.

Why not immediately give every Player a Car on Spawn? Preferably filled with A Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Pistol and enough Ammo to last a lifetime, so everyone can play as he likes?

And just take out the features of Hunger, Thirst, Temperature. And replace Bloodbags with Medipacks that you can use yourself to immediately heal to 100% blood.

Come on guys, the game is meant to be a FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL. Not a PvP Deathmatch with some Moving AI Targets for Practice...

Why not immediately give every Player a Car on Spawn? Preferably filled with A Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Pistol and enough Ammo to last a lifetime, so everyone can play as he likes?

Train doesn't give you anything. It gives alternative way to ppl to reach the town. That's it. If you don't want it, run by forest. Don't go by train. (read all the posts cause you write the same)

He is not claiming its too hard to use feet. He is claiming it is too boring to run throught the forest 90% of gaming time. And there should be some options for player how to get to big city or meet his mates after player respawn more quickly.

no there shouldn't...this is a post viral outbreak..cities arent running, they are over run with infected. :facepalm:

He is not claiming its too hard to use feet. He is claiming it is too boring to run throught the forest 90% of gaming time. And there should be some options for player how to get to big city or meet his mates after player respawn more quickly.

I dont run through the forest 90% of the time monkey; I have servers I go to with fresh vehcile spawns so I dont have to. Or...I find the Kamenka bicycle spawn.

All the qq about running and wanting free travel is beyond n00b its instant fail

I have servers I go to with fresh vehcile spawns so I dont have to.

it's kind of noobish

I dont run through the forest 90% of the time monkey; I have servers I go to with fresh vehcile spawns so I dont have to. Or...I find the Kamenka bicycle spawn.

All the qq about running and wanting free travel is beyond n00b its instant fail

If you "don't have to" than don't interfere in conversation. As i said before , run by forest as you were.

If you "don't have to" than don't interfere in conversation. As i said before , run by forest as you were.

I have every right as a member of this community to interfere. What you are asking for is instant travel up and down the coast whenever you want it. That is not dayz and that is not the way it should be.

The horse continues to get beaten; if a section of train is implemented for repair and use that is fine. It potentially adds content and something else to do. But you are not asking for that...you just want automated train travel so its fast and easy for you. Dayz is not supposed to be fast or easy so please stop trying to change this game into some thing that it is not

I have every right as a member of this community to interfere. What you are asking for is instant travel up and down the coast whenever you want it. That is not dayz and that is not the way it should be.

The horse continues to get beaten; if a section of train is implemented for repair and use that is fine. It potentially adds content and something else to do. But you are not asking for that...you just want automated train travel so its fast and easy for you. Dayz is not supposed to be fast or easy so please stop trying to change this game into some thing that it is not

It's not for you to deside is it dayz or not.

It's suggestion for developers.

haha good luck wishing then if you refuse to sit at the adults table and be reasonable.

You are asking for free automated travel; call me when the shuttle lands

• Like 1

haha good luck wishing then if you refuse to sit at the adults table and be reasonable.

You are asking for free automated travel; call me when the shuttle lands

When shuttle lands i won't remember you, but if i will, I'll be waving to you from the train window watching you running by forest.

Edited by Protein

And free endless fuel in tanks? And if you broke leg and injected morphine you can run? In reality you go to hospital for 2 months. It's not about apocalypsis. It's about killing other players. Apocalypsis it's just a reason for this to happen.

The train must be. I want to go by train to city i want and not to run in forest for 80% time of playing. Who wants to run , still can do it.

Thats not the point HelicopterHunter is making.

Sure you can inject morphine with broken leg then run, SOME servers theres free endless fuel in tank sure.

But heres the thing, those are less broad, more gameplay/technicle things about the game.

While a train would be a much wider aspect, affecting the entire game in general, not just different little things.

A fixable train would be AWESOME! (An autonomous train would not.)

Imagine the effort getting it to work! Imagine the reward when you're finally steaming (by way of diesel) down the track. Imagine the absolutely HUMONGOS amount of gear you could stash into it. Imagine the gun platforms you could upgrade it with. Just fucking imagine!

• Like 2

A fixable train would be AWESOME! (An autonomous train would not.)

Imagine the effort getting it to work! Imagine the reward when you're finally steaming (by way of diesel) down the track. Imagine the absolutely HUMONGOS amount of gear you could stash into it. Imagine the gun platforms you could upgrade it with. Just fucking imagine!

thats what i said exactly

+1 for this guy

Yep, but there is a problem: Trains will be captured by large clans or simply left, because rebuilding several power stations and the train itself... Is it worth it? Only if you will collect payment from the passengers... but they will most likely pay you lead, and the fresh spawns have nothing to pay at all.

Just because there are already unrealistic elements in the game (like endless never spoiling gasoline in tanks) does not mean other unrealistic elements are justified.

GSC has a working train on our server! Big shoutout to ZoneKiller for the original design. Myself and our other modder Devineus spent about two weeks updating the scripts to work with DayZ. As far as our research shows, and by all means correct me if I am mistaken, we are the first DayZ server to accomplish this. We are working on other additions as well, such as dynamic helicopter crash sites. You will actually see them flying around, blowing up and then spawning gear. We are currently working on a DayZ+ private hive. Hack/cheat free, no admin abuse, just an all around great group playing the game the way its meant to be played. Check us out for more information and to join us at www.gsc-clan.org

If they ever put trains in, which I hope they don't then it should be possible to derail them by blowing up the rails.