okami (DayZ)

Global Chat in Lobby?

Hi all,

I had some really cool experiences on some servers with own hive, I think one of the main reasons was the global chat which can really help solo players to find people to team up with.

However, the global chat can be quite annoying ingame, its just not immersive here and people misusing global voice chat can be a real pain in the ass.

So why not go for a compromise on the "official" servers and allow global chat in the lobby (and disable being kicked after a few mins of idle in the lobby...)? So people could try to find someone to play and cooperate but it would not disturb the ingame experience. There are of course some downsides, as a newspawn you would first have to spawn and then return to lobby to let other players know where you are and so on but it would give you a chance to cooperate with people if you are nor in a clan.

What do you think?

okami

I like your Avatar. My friend was just saying the other day how the Zeds with beret's on look like that dude.

Edited by Fraggle

You can talk in the lobby already right? :huh: Depends on the server i guess

Actually, that's a good point, I always skip straight through it. I wasn't sure if it's still enabled.

Okay I just checked it, obviously you can use group chanel in the lobby, since you can not have groups in DayZ i suppose no one will hear you? If I`m wrong maybe this should somehow be made more popular since I have not one time seen anyone use it. And the lobby idle time should be raised or you should be able to enter some kind of "chat lobby".

In some servers global voice chat is enabled in the lobby, but you can't see that it is by switching channels, I hear people talking in it sometimes while joining

I like your Avatar. My friend was just saying the other day how the Zeds with beret's on look like that dude.

Yeah it was on of my first wtf moments in DayZ (shortly followed by getting my legs broke by opening a door ;) ) when I got eaten by Jamie Hyneman from mythbusters...

In some servers global voice chat is enabled in the lobby, but you can't see that it is by switching channels, I hear people talking in it sometimes while joining

I think what you can hear sometimes (i think somewhere betweeen loading screen 1 and waiting for character to create) is indeed ingame direct communication which you should not be able to hear. To me it seemed like a bug when it happened. And sometimes there are some servers which get totally stuck for everyone (i remember this happened when the hive was last ddosed) when suddenly everyone can use voice and global chat. Seems like bugs too.

But why not have a seperate lobby for people to talk and organize.