Sign in to follow this  
BerkshireHunt

Loot crate on teh beach???

I should start by saying: I'm not a hacker, I didn't do this. Just saw it.

A friend and I were meeting up in Cherno after spawning on opposite sides of it...and finds a mysterious crate on the beach. The crate is filled with insane amounts of gear, every kind of gun, ammo, ghillies, cooked meat, antibiotics, you name it. More crap than anyone could ever use or carry away. We stood there for a good fifteen to twenty minutes looking at what was inside and talking about it. Meanwhile, there was crashed heli (this is on Cap Galova) and the sky was on fire.

We helped ourselves to some stuff and some assclown with a Remi starts shooting at us, so we split.

Anyone else experience something like that? Should I conclude that all hackers are not evil cretins whose only joy in life is ruining everyone's DayZ experience? Very weird.

Hackers spawns these crates. They are filled with all the weapons and gear. This won't be a problem in the standalone :)

• Like 1

Honestly, there are some pretty cool hackers out there that just help players and give them gear. This has happened multiple times.

I once logged out inside a hospital with no weapons because there was nothing in the hospital on this server so i decided to change and hope for the best, i went to a different server and realised the glass wasn't broken and i couldn't get out, after about 10 minutes of standing there asking over direct communication if anyone could help me out I get teleported to the thunderdome all by myself and the hacker says take anything you need then come back to me, So i run to an ammo crate get a whole bunch of stuff for me and my friend that I usually play with and go back to the guy, he spawns a helicopter and says there you go enjoy your stuff mate. I was amazed at this guy so i drive the helicopter around for a bit knowing it would disappear on server restart then I lay down in the grass. Next day I log into a server immediatly someone teleports next to me and kills me. So i figured meh all my gear was hacked anyway so I go on with my life.

A few days later I find a UAZ and drive it far up north and set up a camp with a bunch of weapons I found i tell me friend to get on the server and when he gets on he says to me "Dude a boat just fell next to me and there are 6 people on it" really confused and scared hackers were gonna teleport to me and take my hard earned gear I move further away from my camp. He then tells me over skype that they asked him if he wanted to go anywhere i gave him my coords and the boat teleported next to me they then spawned us both a UAZ and an ammo crate with more guns than I could ever hold, we took a whole bunch of stuff drove it down to the coast and started giving fresh spawns random high tier guns. Next day our camp was raided so we started over and went on with our dayz lives.

Now the last hacker I ran into about 3 days ago, me and my friend were walking on the coast just started new he spawned in komoravo and i spawned in kamenka some guy teleports to him breaks his legs and then bandages him up, I started laughing cause i thought it was hilarious and at that moment the same happened to me, as the guy was running away and probably just before he teleported to his next victim i kind of yelled over mic for him to stop for a second and I said exactly like this "Dude dude, stop okay i get you're a hacker and you're having fun but if you're gonna break my legs and stuff i can just respawn so thats fine but could you maybe just give me a cool gun or something hehe" he walks back towards me spawns a weapon crate, UAZ and a helicopter, i then ask him if he can bring my mate to me and he said that his friend (who was also a hacker) was on it. soon me and my friend were both at the ammo crate and the hackers just stood there 2 minutes of just standing there and they kill us, but we go back and get some weapons and the heli so they were clearly just messing with us so im not sure.

Anyway what im really trying to say is there are some hackers that just mess around with you but give you stuff in exchange for everything they do to you, then there are the ones that just nuke servers, kill everyone multiple times, teleports people and ruin the game. In my opinion both are bad but the hackers that kill everyone on a server are worse than those going around to help players and just mess with them as a joke

• Like 1

Honestly, there are some pretty cool hackers out there that just help players and give them gear. This has happened multiple times.

I once logged out inside a hospital with no weapons because there was nothing in the hospital on this server so i decided to change and hope for the best, i went to a different server and realised the glass wasn't broken and i couldn't get out, after about 10 minutes of standing there asking over direct communication if anyone could help me out I get teleported to the thunderdome all by myself and the hacker says take anything you need then come back to me, So i run to an ammo crate get a whole bunch of stuff for me and my friend that I usually play with and go back to the guy, he spawns a helicopter and says there you go enjoy your stuff mate. I was amazed at this guy so i drive the helicopter around for a bit knowing it would disappear on server restart then I lay down in the grass. Next day I log into a server immediatly someone teleports next to me and kills me. So i figured meh all my gear was hacked anyway so I go on with my life.

A few days later I find a UAZ and drive it far up north and set up a camp with a bunch of weapons I found i tell me friend to get on the server and when he gets on he says to me "Dude a boat just fell next to me and there are 6 people on it" really confused and scared hackers were gonna teleport to me and take my hard earned gear I move further away from my camp. He then tells me over skype that they asked him if he wanted to go anywhere i gave him my coords and the boat teleported next to me they then spawned us both a UAZ and an ammo crate with more guns than I could ever hold, we took a whole bunch of stuff drove it down to the coast and started giving fresh spawns random high tier guns. Next day our camp was raided so we started over and went on with our dayz lives.

Now the last hacker I ran into about 3 days ago, me and my friend were walking on the coast just started new he spawned in komoravo and i spawned in kamenka some guy teleports to him breaks his legs and then bandages him up, I started laughing cause i thought it was hilarious and at that moment the same happened to me, as the guy was running away and probably just before he teleported to his next victim i kind of yelled over mic for him to stop for a second and I said exactly like this "Dude dude, stop okay i get you're a hacker and you're having fun but if you're gonna break my legs and stuff i can just respawn so thats fine but could you maybe just give me a cool gun or something hehe" he walks back towards me spawns a weapon crate, UAZ and a helicopter, i then ask him if he can bring my mate to me and he said that his friend (who was also a hacker) was on it. soon me and my friend were both at the ammo crate and the hackers just stood there 2 minutes of just standing there and they kill us, but we go back and get some weapons and the heli so they were clearly just messing with us so im not sure.

Anyway what im really trying to say is there are some hackers that just mess around with you but give you stuff in exchange for everything they do to you, then there are the ones that just nuke servers, kill everyone multiple times, teleports people and ruin the game. In my opinion both are bad but the hackers that kill everyone on a server are worse than those going around to help players and just mess with them as a joke

Yeah I've had similar things happen. They giveth and they taketh away. It's funny when you have nothing to lose and are just messing around but when you have been playing for a while and have slowly gathered lots of items and you log into a server for a hacker just to appear next to you and kill you it's rather annoying. But it's an alpha...won't happen in the Standalone etc etc etc

Found one before but someone put a satchel charge on it...blew me and my bro sky high... >.<

I've come across those, myself. Out of one I did take some meat and medical supplies... but I don't touch the weapons. I don't do well with guns in this game. >_> They're really nothing but people-killers... Lord knows if you try to use them against zombies you'll end up bringing a whole mob of them and run out of bullets at the most inopportune moment (had that happen more than once let me tell you!) I always die to the stupidest things when I'm carrying a gun. Not to mention if you do put all the ammo you'll need in your bags, you have no room for anything else.

I guess they're okay if you want to sit on top of a building and target practice, but for me, who likes to get out into the world and explore... they're really a handicap. Besides, things like ghillie suits and the big rifles may look cool, but they make you a walking target. Again, okay if you want to just sit on a building I guess... but that's not the way I play. :)

I haven't found a hacker-crate, but I did find one that had several dozen magazines for the G36. I haven't seen a G36 in the game yet.

I was a new spawn, so I filled my pockets and patrol pack with them and carried them. I left them in a huge pile in one of the Balota hangars.

i always wondered whats the meaning of life, after reading your deep beautiful and heart catchy comment i now have an answer for every question i had, i have a purpose

the best line i ever read in my life.

• Like 2