Sign in to follow this  
Ajvkorn

Why don't more people use custom Skins?

Well, as the thread name ask, why is it? I feel like it is a great addition to the game. With it you can use a skull camo which just helps you hide better. With a camo suit, it gives your arms and face camo paint. Nothing more fun then running around with a Jason mask on and blood on your arms and freaking people out. The only people I ever see with them are hackers, but yet it is allowed. So, explain!

...All you do is download a pack and move it to your profile..done. :)

hm. My friend saw me as jason when I did it. Is it all white like it a guy who hasn't loaded in all the way?

They don't know how to apply them, or even know they exist.

Also, many servers don't allow them and will auto kick you upon join for them.

Tried a couple of times but each time i would just see some red writing in the bottom left corner when i entered the server and would get kicked within 20 seconds of that, gave up after that.

Seems like a cool feature though for those who can make it work.

Exactly what Syndicate said. When I tried, my character was just a pale white for everyone else.

• Like 1

I know everybody has to download the skin, but I figured they did it when u join the server because it does a white download bar when it says "waiting for host". Just wish more people would push for this and maybe it would get more "support" to make sure it works in servers.

• Like 1

We tried the skins, but other players just see you as a pale white guy.

The files you are using are too big.

They have to be under 100kb

Yar, basically because it's difficult for a layman and under-supported by DayZ servers. I mean, they're rightfully paranoid about anything coming client-side right now.

I've tried but all my favorite servers don't allow them and the pale texture bug has a fix, convert to paa in Texview 2. Link to instuctions from Osku: http://ciahome.net/f...hp?topic=2477.0

Edited by Datr
  • Like 1

sigh here we go

Well, as the thread name ask, why is it? I feel like it is a great addition to the game. With it you can use a skull camo which just helps you hide better. With a camo suit, it gives your arms and face camo paint. Nothing more fun then running around with a Jason mask on and blood on your arms and freaking people out. The only people I ever see with them are hackers, but yet it is allowed. So, explain!

Its the result of so many newbs using arma2 co for dayz, they don't know the powerful infantry combat simulator they just bought, that feature was there since Operation Flashpoint and was a pioneer in character customization back in 2001

We tried the skins, but other players just see you as a pale white guy.

Exactly what Syndicate said. When I tried, my character was just a pale white for everyone else.

I've tried but all my favorite servers don't allow them and the pale texture bug has a fix, convert to paa in Texview 2. Link to instuctions from Osku: http://ciahome.net/f...hp?topic=2477.0

You're obviously doing something wrong there mates, I've been using a custom face that everybody and their neighborg can properly see

I use a JPG 512x512 under 100kb (~78kb) and it works perfectly, same as ArmA I, ArmA 2 and now DayZ

(a hires template 1024x1024 then manage the layers and finally resizing it to half the size)

Name it "face.jpg" and place it in the root folder of your selected profile, then open up arma2 and select profile then use "custom" in the face field

Oh and since we're at it, tell every server admin that disables custom faces even under 100kb that, 2001 called they want their server cfg/policies back

And since we haven't heard anything about Standalone version, it only means they're in very early develop stages, so DEMAND a proper player/characters customization system like APB Reloaded at the very least

now give me your beans! regards :)

Edited by waffen-79
  • Like 3

Isn't it client side? o___o

If not, can someone please direct me to a tutorial or something? Dear god that sounds pretty awesome..

Yeah I have loading issues as it is so don't want to get kicked for an oversize skin when I do manage to load.

ive been using custom skins and only been kicked a couple times in fact i have found some of my best loot like my last 3 dmrs while wearing my custom skin its like a good luck charm

• Like 1