Sign in to follow this  
Amped- (DayZ)

DayZ Commander will not open Arma Patch Installer

So I am trying to update my Arma so I can play Dayz but it won't open the installer. I have been stuck at this screen for a while now.

Help?

ZyFOQ.png

the DayZCommander is giving me problems, i have been playing DayZ for a while now but i was originally using SIX Updater and SIX launcher for my updates and server lists. when they updated to PLAY WITH SIX ive been having problems. it boots me out of the program at random points while updating the server lists. i thought it was a program fault so i downloaded the awesome DayZcommander. ITS DOING THE SAME THING. the servers will update for about 2 seconds then windows will close the program. PLEASE HELP?!

If DayZCommander gets hung up during an update, often the best thing to do is close it, grab the latest DayZ and ARMA2 beta patch, unzip and install them manually, then reload DayZCommander and check that your versions are up to date.

There's also a DayZ Commander Forum if you want to contact the developers directly. While DayZ Commander is excellent and my preferred launcher, it's a 3rd-party tool and not directly supported by the DayZmod team.

You could switch to SixUpdater, but it comes with its own unique set of complaints and grievances.

Keep in mind that the huge demand for DayZ often overloads the update servers and breaks everything for everyone. It seems BIStudio, like Valve, take some great pleasure in DDOSing themselves on a semi-regular basis ;)

Edited by tomfin