Sign in to follow this  
afterthesism

My greatest haul AGAIN.

Ok, so some of y'all may have seen my last post about the v35 and the 7 or 8 tents worth of stuff we took from some bandits. This story happened the following night:

Me and my one friend had all this new loot and we decided that we could actually afford to lose it since we had quite a bit of every item. So, we decided I would camp at the back of the NEAF while my buddy runs up to the air control tower to place a satchel charge on it. My buddy had told me that one satchel will blow it up, so he goes and places it on the inside of the tower (I was confused as to why he didnt just put it on the outside, because I figured it would work better that way).

After he places the satchel he immediately wanted to blow it up, but I was like "no, let's wait and see if anyone goes inside, so we can take them with it haha". He definitely agreed with me, so we ended up sitting there waiting for about 10 minutes until we heard a helicopter fly directly over us. We were on a server with about 30 people so we figured that the heli was a clan's or some hackers, so we decided we should go look for it. But before we left for the helicopter my friend wanted to blow the satchel.

So we count down "1....2.....3.....BOOOM".

Air control tower has a huge flash come from inside of it and stands there like it gave 0 fucks.

HUGE FAIL. lol

So anyways, after our huge fail, we decided to go up north east to look for the heli because that's where my friend said he heard it go. LUCKILY I decided that we should go straight north, and then go to the right once we got to this mountain top straight north.

So we start of and begin crouch running this whole time because getting a helicopter has been our entire life goal in dayz. We have never seen a helicopter like on the ground or anything like that. (we did have hackers crash two helicopters into both of us with TWO seperate helicopters) So we start crouch running up this hill, and I decide for us to lay down and as we get to the top of the hill, I look between to trees directly in front of me, AND THERE WAS THE HELI SITTING ON A HILL ACROSS FROM US! haha

I told my friend, "dude....I fucking see the helicopter." and he said, "bullshit dude, quit fucking around." haha so I convinced him to come lay down exactly where I was and he saw the helicopter. He basically started hyperventilating and flipping shit.

Anyways, neither of us have actually ever flown a helicopter, but I've got to drive most of the vehicles we've found, so my buddy youtubed how to fly the helicopter haha we eventually crawled up the hill to the heli looking around EVERYWHERE with our l85 for enemies. We decided that the clan had gotten off for the night considering there was a huge number of people that had disconnected.

So we get in the helicopter and he starts flying and we decided to go hover over cherno. So he takes off and we are just SO pumped to finally have a helicopter, and even happier that we didnt have to repair the thing like that clan must have had to do.

So we get to Cherno, and I'm sitting in the gunners seat gunning at little guys running through barns and shit having a blast. Although I never actually killed anyone because the chopper guns suck dick. We ended up hovering over the fire station and I ended up getting shot like three times and started bleeding. The game let me use my bandages in the heli, but it wouldnt stop my bleeding so I was like " Hey man you have got to land this thing in the next like 20 seconds or I am going to kick the bucket" and so he quickly flew right outside of cherno and came to a hover right above the ground and I jumped out. (it was a very good manuever on his part for being a first time pilot) I got out and bandaged myself and we started flying back up and decided to check out Elektro, and as we get about half way to Elektro, we both get the NO MESSAGE RECIEVED error when the server gets restarted.

I am only forced to believe that the owners of the helicopter were hackers, server admins, or buddies of the server admin.

I was so fucking mad, especially because this was the first time the server had been restarted for something I DID.

It was one of those things that you read about on the forums, but never believe would actually happen to you.

IT DID.

lol, yeah, until they fix the hive issues and how shit saves, expect that to happen any time you:

A) Steal an admins vehicle

B ) Steal from an admins camp/destroy an admins camp

C) Destroy an admins vehicle

D) Witness an admin crash a helo

E) All of the above

It's pretty awful. Because you have a lot of decent admins now wanting more rights so they can police there server and get rid of hackers. Then you have so many stories like this of obvious admin abuse and it really makes you think, why are there so many a-holes in this game. These admins are the reason the good ones will never get the power they need.