Afro Ninja

Major FPS lag

Hello, before I go into any detail, here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6100 6-core processor 3.3ghz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950

MB: ASUS M5A78L-M-LX-PLUS

HDD: 1.5 TB

I have not had any major fps lag in the past, I have been playing at a clean 60 fps on High settings with no problems.

When I logged in about 2 hours ago, my framerate went to crap and even Very Low settings wouldn't help.

My drivers are up to date and I really won't try gamebooster, as there is something wrong.

Edited by Afro Ninja

Ditto, was fine last night, now on both my machines its terrible, I've tried everything from turning the settings for the graphics to low, to clearing my machines to reinstalling the game... It appears that the game is performing lots and lots of I/O (at least according to PerfMon) whilst running, it was not doing this last night:

Machines:

Intel Core i7 (4 core HT - so 8 effective cores)

8GB DDR3

nVidia GeForce 540 GTX 1GB

Intel Core i7 (8 real cores)

16GB DDR3

nVidia GeForce 470 GTX x 2 (SLi)

yeah its got to be server side for sure as my firend and me have both been having this problem, but only tonight as we never encountered this before save for a few random servers every other night but tonight has been every server for about the last 4 hours straight.

Checked my comp and everything is running perfectly fine except for Dayz and ironically the forums here, any admin can shed a little light on whats causing it? would help if we had some info

I have a hypothesis... I think those of us with slow down issues are all trying to talk to the Hive, and the Hive connections between us and it, are affected by this problem in the North Sea: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/28/cut_underseas_cable_cripples_networks/

I am in the UK, the Midlands, my internet routing goes north through Leeds and then out across the North Sea... And routing tonight seems to be going the long way, out over the Atlantic and then back to Europe and then back out again to America (kind of slow, but clearly that's what the routing tables are saying right now)

This is all therefore out of my hands, and probably only observable but us poor schmucks this side of the outage.

Other sites work fine, but some seem very very sluggish, this forum included.

you could be on to something there czo my friend and I both live in Northern Ireland so its only fair to assume that our internet wcould be running through that part too. Defs worth reading into:) nice find Xel :D

Nay worries, on the similar note there are other threads about this, I've commented on this and another... The other is going slowly south as people blame other people's local machines - so, I suggest if you're still having slow downs, try to play Arma II in single player, bench mark it to make sure you're positive that the game is not at fault locally.

Then, see how quick these forums are today, they're flying for me compared to the chugging they were doing last night...

And see how Dayz runs then... I think the problems will be over, the above link is back up and the 400Gb/s services on that pipe that got severed are back up and routed properly.

At least, I hope its all working right, I'm at work now for another 9 hours, and so have to wait to get home and get my Z smacking fix.

I've also had some in-game issues with the dayz mod itself. In normal ARMA II, my FPS is great, however when I connect to different servers with dayz mod running its quite bad. Also my left and right mouse buttons don't work to fire and aim in the mod but it does in standard ARMA II.

Connection to the server is good within 100ms.

Unsure, but I'm going to re-install dayz commander and the dayz mod just in case.

I'm in Australia not the UK. This wasn't happening a week ago.

Today I finally got my GTX560 Ti and installed it without any problems and the first game I tried was DayZ. When I got 25 FPS on very low settings I nearly died of heart attack. Thankfully after trying out Battlefield 3 singleplayer and Skyrim, I can say that I have the exact same problem. My specs are below;

Intel Q6700 @ stock speeds

Gigabyte X48-DS5 Motherboard

Zotac GTX560 Ti @ stock speeds

A-Data 4 Gigs DDR2 800 Ram (2x2)

High Power 500W PSU

Windows 7 64 Bit

Considering that I was getting 40-60 FPS average and 30 at the lowest (happened only once because of massive texture loading/my HDD I'm guessing) on all high settings in Battlefield 3 campaign, this must be a server side problem. Also as a side note; I was getting around 15-40 FPS on very low settings with extra .cfg tweaks depending on which server and part of the world I was when I was using my 8800GT 512 MB.

Edited by Blacktric

I re-installed the Dayzcommander and deleted the @dayzmod folder from steamapps>ARMA Operation Arrowhead.

Then re-installed the mod via DayzCommander - this fixed my FPS issue.

I re-installed the Dayzcommander and deleted the @dayzmod folder from steamapps>ARMA Operation Arrowhead.

Then re-installed the mod via DayzCommander - this fixed my FPS issue.

Going to try this. Will edit this post for the result.

Edit: Didn't solve anything. I am still getting 15-25 FPS and my FPS gain when I look at the sky or directly to ground is barely around 10, when it should be around 15-40 like the way it was a day or so ago. Also for some reason I cannot fire my gun. My character doesn't even hold his gun up. When I right click, my character walks slowly but does not switch to FPS mode from TPS to aim down the sights and nothing seems to solve it.

Edit 2: Solved the "not being able to fire" issue by dropping my gun to the ground and picking it up again. But FPS problem is still present. On my very first try after installing my GTX560 Ti today, the settings were all very low and I got 25 FPS when I was in a military tent. Then for my second try, which's result you can see in this very post in my first edit, I bumped up the graphic options to mixed very high/high/medium and with no AA, rejoined the server and got 15-25 with not enough FPS gain while looking to sky or ground. Dropped every possible graphical option to very low again for my third try and I managed to get the same exact result again, although I got 5 FPS gain when I stand at the exact location I was when I quit after my second try. So the issue is still going on for me.

Edited by Blacktric

Thats the issue I was having today after not playing for a week. The reinstall of the mod worked for me. I completely removed Dayzcommander and the mod, then reinstalled both. I also played ARMA II AO a few times just to confirm it was the mod not my PC.

Im still having the mouse click issues.

EDIT: Turns out the mouse buttons are working good now, had to check buy starting a new character and picking up new weapons.

Edited by Construct

Edit 2: Solved the "not being able to fire" issue by dropping my gun to the ground and picking it up again. But FPS problem is still present. On my very first try after installing my GTX560 Ti today, the settings were all very low and I got 25 FPS when I was in a military tent. Then for my second try, which's result you can see in this very post in my first edit, I bumped up the graphic options to mixed very high/high/medium and with no AA, rejoined the server and got 15-25 with not enough FPS gain while looking to sky or ground. Dropped every possible graphical option to very low again for my third try and I managed to get the same exact result again, although I got 5 FPS gain when I stand at the exact location I was when I quit after my second try. So the issue is still going on for me.

I just went to login again and now I'm having that issue again, I'm going to put it back to dayzcommander forcing the game to load via steam, as thats what I just removed since it worked previously.

Will update shortly.

Update: So turns out that after I selected both steam options in dayzcommander settings, It works fine.

Maybe try that to see if it makes a difference for you?

Edited by Construct

I just went to login again and now I'm having that issue again, I'm going to put it back to dayzcommander forcing the game to load via steam, as thats what I just removed since it worked previously.

Will update shortly.

Update: So turns out that after I selected both steam options in dayzcommander settings, It works fine.

Maybe try that to see if it makes a difference for you?

Both of those options are already enabled for me actually. But still, thanks a lot for posting your results.

Possible Solution

Might have a solution folks, certainly seems to be working for me:

Open your "My Documents" (or just Documents on Vista/Win7), and go into the "ArmA 2" folder, you should see the folder "@DayZ".

If there are any other folders beginning with "@", Delete them and start the game over.

I had "@CBA", "@CBA_A2" and "@CBA_OA". I don't know what any of them are, but by removing them I now have over 50 FPS back steady in towns and 60+ in the countryside. This is after two days of terrible below 5 fps game play.

Hmm I'm having the same exact issue. I actually just reinstalled windows 7 for some other fuck ups. Same issue. What's weird is I can play Arma and Arma 2 just fine along with my other games. It's just Dayz that is the basterd child. Looks like it's working now when bypassing dayzcommander. Weird..

i7 930 @ 3.8ghz

evga 580 3gb

corsair ax1200i

8gb memory