Khursed

Am I the only one who feels like bandits get a bad rap? Hear me out.

I have to say that I would be more comfortable if they weren't. Unfortunately, like I said, it is virtually impossible to hit anything in-game whilst running.

BUT.

I would also be more worried about the guy steadied, on one knee pointing his gun at me.

The direct comms channel only works within 30m and to get to that range it means moving toward a player. Just because you are 'talking' doesn't mean they are hearing.

I have to say that I am not aware of the 'do not charge' mechanism in the game, or the 'put my gun by my side as I move' mechanism either. And therefore as we move it is very intimidating.

The guys you really should be worried about are ensconced on the sniper hills and you will never see them.

If it is your nature to shoot first then you best get a camo suit cos you will be wearing the bandit skin for a long time otherwise.

;)

And now you've adjusted your claim to where you claim that you would rather have a survivor skin over surviving. I still don't understand what's wrong with putting survival over considering other people's motives. It's not like he's killing on sight in order to survive; rather it's that he only kills when he feels threatened.

If you think it's wrong to react with hostility when threatened then I must say you'd be screwed if this were reality.

There needs to be more than just "survivor", "bandit", and "hero"..

• Like 1

You are so negative man. You're throwing off a totally terrible vibe.

That made me want to throw you off a totally terrible skyscraper. No offense. :D

Edited by GiggityGump

None taken GiggityGump! I would salute you while it happened! And Jasz, I don't carry a flashlight (or torch) because it looks like you're holding a pistol. Zero hostility. I have had nights where I have died ten or fifteen times in a row, and while frustrating, completely worth it.

Edited by Cody_Lundin
  • Like 1

If you think it's wrong to react with hostility when threatened then I must say you'd be screwed if this were reality.

I really do not see where you think that I have changed my stance.

And some one running toward you with a weapon displayed is NOT threatening in a game where there is no mechanic to do anything else. Unless you would have everybody that deals with you go prone, equip a torch a roll into comms range. ;) in the mean time you continue your policy of LoS. It is a valid way to play.

Let us hope it isn't a reflection of your humanity.

As for real life. I know what 'direct fire' is Edward. And I definitely know what 'blue on blue' is. I served as a member of 7 Armoured Brigade during the '100 hour war' and spent a fare bit of that inside a Warrior armoured personnel carrier with a bright orange roof in the hope that the halfwits flying A10s knew the vehicle silhouettes of their comrades.

Edited by EMT - Jasz

And Jasz, I don't carry a flashlight (or torch) because it looks like you're holding a pistol.

I was recounting an actual in game event.

I also have to say that a torch looks like a torch and when you have an as50 or an akm or even a Winchester then it would have to be extremely lucky for some one, who is running toward you with a pistol to get the shot necessary to kill you.

You don't feel threatened at all.

You just don't understand the game mechanics and use it as an excuse to KoS.

But it is a valid way to play. Just stop making excuses and accept you are potentially the next Jeffrey Dahmer. ;)

Oops - cody makes a valid point later in the thread - I should have directed my KoS at the OP.

sorry cody - have some beans.

Edited by EMT - Jasz

As for real life. I know what 'direct fire' is Edward. And I definitely know what 'blue on blue' is. I served as a member of 7 Armoured Brigade during the '100 hour war' and spent a fare bit of that inside a Warrior armoured personnel carrier with a bright orange roof in the hope that the halfwits flying A10s knew the vehicle silhouettes of their comrades.

I was like ... When the hell were the Brits in Honduras. And then I felt stupid.

• Like 1

I was like ... When the hell were the Brits in Honduras. And then I felt stupid.

Well, at least you realised what I was talking about before you said somehting. ;)

it is bean sharing time. nom nom nom.

Jasz, I'm confused. You seem to think I shoot at people. I don't carry weapons. My hands are free and clear.

oops cody - I really need to get into these debates when I am at home. Not when I am sitting on the bus with my phone. I have ammended my post to reflect my mistake. :blush:

Edited by EMT - Jasz

Well, at least you realised what I was talking about before you said somehting. ;)

it is bean sharing time. nom nom nom.

Seriously though, the Gulf War and the Football war are both the "100 Hour War."

Seriously though, the Gulf War and the Football war are both the "100 Hour War."

I did not know that about the 'football war' - google rocks and you have made me learn something new. I hope you are happy with yourself. lol B)