MperorM

If they removed backpacks!

90% of current DayZ players would quit.

I feel like I've heard this before. I think it was when they took the Makarov off starting players.

I feel like I've heard this before. I think it was when they took the Makarov off starting players.

There's a difference between taking an item out of starting inventory, and removing it all together.

OP isn't saying "lets take backpacks out of starting equipment", he's saying "lets take backpacks out of the game".

They didn't take Makarovs out of the game, they just took them out of the starting inventory, and you can still pick one up and use it later.

If they took all guns out of the game, how many players do you think would stick around?

90% of current DayZ players would quit.

Having a backpack isn't just extra storage. Its an easy way of transferring items between players. Its a way of letting team-mates access medical supplies so they can fix you up if you go down (I always keep 1 bandage, 1 epipen, 1 morphine and 1 bloodbag in my backpack so even a freshly spawned friendly can fix me up if I'm too screwed up to do anything). Its a temporary resupply point when you're defending a position (drop your own backpack, take another backpack from a vehicle, load that backpack with ammunition needed, drop it at the position you're defending, go back and pick up your own backpack). Its a loot hording point (drive in with vehicle, drop off empty backpack and group of looters, drive away to a safer location, looters add found loot to backpack until full, vehicle comes back, parks next to backpack, loot is transferred quickly from backpack to vehicle). Its a trap! (place high-value backpack in high-traffic areas, wait with sniper rifle aimed at backpack - or for more hilarious results, put a satchel down first then put the backpack on top of the satchel)

That doesn't matter, they are the same 90% who's attention span is shorter than their noses. They will mindless wander off anyway when the next CoD is released.

• Like 1

L85s need to be removed or nerfed tremendously. My squad uses them and you need to hack to kill us. They are completely over powered.

As for the OPs thread. No. Dont change the backpacks. There is no reason for it.

They should remove all loot. You'd be running around like 'I'm dying of thirst and starvation!'.

Imagine how awesome that would be...

Make it so you don't start with one, you can't carry weapons in them and the more there is in one the slower you move and/or the quicker you get fatigued.

Edited by sostronk

Not remove, but make it so you cant carry rifles in them...

yeah :NO:

also make real melee and make it use the secundary slot instead

Add more bags. I want a suitcase that replaces my primary weapon, and a shopping cart to push around too.

928326_20060217_screen022.jpg

FUCK YES SHOPPING CARTS

Edited by AndyTheBomb

Ohmygerd, what if they removed bandages?! How awesome would it be if you started to bleed out and couldn't fix yourself up! So then you would have to chose your battles wisely, oh man, how awesome would that be!

That's essentially what you just posted, and I feel even more stupid for reading it.

Not being able to carry a M4A1 CCO SD and an AS50 in your pack [vs] Not being able to survive once you start bleeding.

Yeah, I can see the similarities.

How about making primary weapons too big to fit in backpacks, but you can drop the backpack and strap a weapon to your back. If someone carries two weapons, it should be visible.

Not being able to carry a M4A1 CCO SD and an AS50 in your pack [vs] Not being able to survive once you start bleeding.

Yeah, I can see the similarities.

You are a massive idiot if you think that's the only thing that backpacks do. Both changes would remove something important from the game, increasing the difficulty dramatically.

But it's not difficulty. It's inconvenience. Horrible mechanic. You can make the running mechanics like in QWOP and if you fall you break a leg. Wouldn't that be awesome? That would be so much more challenging and all the codfags would leave the game.

Read the post, did I support the idea or say that's the only thing backpacks do? No I used satire to ensure people knew his point was retarded, I'm truly glad you understood though.

Edited by FishIsTwonk

it would make travle around the north harder due to food and water etc. how ever, i would like the abilty to be able to hold 2 weapons without having the need to open the backpack, so you can hot swap faster but reduce the size of backpacks .

but it wont happen, im happy with the system as it is though

I think they should introduce trolleys instead of backpacks.

• Like 1

Read the post, did I support the idea or say that's the only thing backpacks do? No I used satire to ensure people knew his point was retarded, I'm truly glad you understood though.

What? You ridiculed what he said acting like having m4cco sd and as50 is the only reason for backpacks to exist. And it's not satire. It's just second most retarded argument ever, taking what someone said to extreme and responding to that instead of what someone actually said. You give yourself too much credit. It's your point that's retarded.

Again: Both changes would remove something important from the game, increasing the difficulty dramatically.

But it's not difficulty. It's inconvenience. Horrible mechanic. You can make the running mechanics like in QWOP and if you fall you break a leg. Wouldn't that be awesome? That would be so much more challenging and all the codfags would leave the game.

What? You ridiculed what he said acting like having m4cco sd and as50 is the only reason for backpacks to exist. And it's not satire. It's just second most retarded argument ever, taking what someone said to extreme and responding to that instead of what someone actually said. You give yourself too much credit. It's your point that's retarded.

Again: Both changes would remove something important from the game, increasing the difficulty dramatically.

I didn't act like anything, I just blurbed out two weapons people commonly run together, I could just have easily said L85A2 AWS or FN FAL...

Sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr] noun.

The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

I didn't act like anything, I just blurbed out two weapons people commonly run together, I could just have easily said L85A2 AWS or FN FAL...

... you're just not getting are you? You took what he said to a retarded extreme while neatly explaining the other thing, compared the two, and hinted how his stance is retarded. And you are still acting like backpacks are in game only to let people have 2 weapons. They are not. What game are you playing?

Sat·ire [sat-ahyuhr] noun.

The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

So when I tell my girlfriend "you should tell me when you're taking my car" and she responds "so you want me to call you every time I do anything? like using a bathroom or scratching my butt?" she uses satire? Because that's what you did.

You didn't follow his logic. He wasn't saying anything about weapons. You did. You didn't exaggerate what he said. You twisted it to an extreme that he didn't even have in mind.

... you're just not getting are you? You took what he said to a retarded extreme while neatly explaining the other thing, compared the two, and hinted how his stance is retarded. And you are still acting like backpacks are in game only to let people have 2 weapons. They are not. What game are you playing?

So when I tell my girlfriend "you should tell me when you're taking my car" and she responds "so you want me to call you every time I do anything? like using a bathroom or scratching my butt?" she uses satire? Because that's what you did.

You didn't follow his logic. He wasn't saying anything about weapons. You did. You didn't exaggerate what he said. You twisted it to an extreme that he didn't even have in mind.

I honestly think you're the one who doesn't get it, taking things to a "retarded extreme" is exaggerating. Also, read my original post, what did I neatly explain? Also how am I acting as if weapons are the only things to be stored in packs? Just to clarify, mentioning things isn't isolating a topic to strictly them, it's you know... basic conversation. As well as paying attention to the fact I haven't supported the idea of removing backpacks. From the start I was just being a satirical prick. Seems to have worked... just got a random person angry.

• Like 1

I honestly think you're the one who doesn't get it, taking things to a "retarded extreme" is exaggerating. Also, read my original post, what did I neatly explain? Also how am I acting as if weapons are the only things to be stored in packs? Just to clarify, mentioning things isn't isolating a topic to strictly them, it's you know... basic conversation. As well as paying attention to the fact I haven't supported the idea of removing backpacks. From the start I was just being a satirical prick. Seems to have worked... just got a random person angry.

You're like a person using terms he doesn't understand and then tell people that they are stupid and that they don't understand when they are trying to correct you. And yeah that level of stupidity annoys me.

Your post did make it look like having 2 weapons is the only purpose of backpacks. What you did is not satire nor it is exaggerating. It's twisting words to a point when they have nothing to do with what the person said and then acting like that's what he meant.

But why do I even bother. Talking to an all knowing brick wall here. Goodbye.

Edited by SillySil
  • Like 1

Ofc it would be unrealistic. I just think it would add a lot to the gameplay. What is wrong with the idea? The only thing I hear you say is "retarded" Try playing 1 life without without a backpack. It is really fun as it makes surviving harder. Right now the only thing killing me are players. If you had no backpack surviving would become hard, and players wouldn't be the only fucking thread in the game.

Ofc it would be unrealistic. I just think it would add a lot to the gameplay. What is wrong with the idea? The only thing I hear you say is "retarded" Try playing 1 life without without a backpack. It is really fun as it makes surviving harder. Right now the only thing killing me are players. If you had no backpack surviving would become hard, and players wouldn't be the only fucking thread in the game.

You don't make a game as inconvenient as possible to make it hard. That's the worst kind of difficulty you can make. It's like making controls all wrong and locking them, like reload under F12 and running forward under ESC. Would it make the game harder? Yes. Would it add to the game? No.

The game needs MORE challenging content not LESS helpful features.

• Like 1