LoneWolfEdits

What Is Your Favourite Weapon?

I like the FN FAL (Iron Sight) and M4 (Iron Sight) the best

BTW: Why dont you add a vote for better overview? ;)

• Like 1

Hatchet. If i need to bring down a helicopter makarov then (just need one bullet).

LOL... hardcore :P

Makarov aka. Slayer of Giants.

M14 is my absolute favorite.

My personal 'ultimate gearing goal' when I play now is the M14 + DMR combo; which I currently have.

The M14 has great sites, hits hard, has good ammo capacity, has decent usuable range, and the ammo is relatively common. It shares the same ammo as my sniper rifle (DMR) which really keeps things simple and efficient in terms of not having to really worry about ammo. My only knock on the DMR is it doesn's have the range of the .50 cals or the 1 shot kill ability (aside from head shots). Everything else about the DMR I love: use with NVGs, compact size, rate of fire for follow up shots, can use in CQC in a pinch, easy to use mils, ammo capacity, relatively low recoil, and doesn't draw zombies like an air raid siren the way .50s do.

Edited by Double_Back

Hatchet. If i need to bring down a helicopter makarov then (just need one bullet).

Good lord, you're like the Rambo of DayZ

Mk 48 is my favorite. Damage of the DMR (8000 per hit), rate of fire of the m249, great aim-point scope and pretty good accuracy while you are prone. It is rather loud and hard to find though.

I've never used it in dayz, but I think I'd like the l85 the most. It's like a sniper rifle with fully-auto and 30 round mags but less damage. So accurate, I don't see how people say it isn't.

Edited by Angryofficer

M14 or FN FAL

In terms of Sniperrifles: M24

Against zombies: M4 CCO SD

Sidearm M9SD or PDW

For Squad-Cover: L85 AWS

I'm no friend of semi-auto snipers. They compensate for a lack of skill or patience too easily. Especially both cal 50... though I currently own one along with all the weapons above. I hope cal 50 and l85 will be removed in later versions, they're just op.

Used to be the AKM, untill they toned it down.

Now my favorite is the M16A4 with acog. It's like a DMR with a more intuitive scope and 30 rounds

I really love the M4A1 CCO SD, it's the best gun ever, at least till they fix other M4 series assault rifles (M4A3 CCO for example is also very cool, but with sd ammo it shoots higher and thats annoying).

Bizon its the only silenced weapon in this game i like to use. M4a1 holo since nubetubes are fun and either a m24 or SVD.

Be mad @ dat bizon.

What, is it less accurate in dayz than normal? I doubt that, but I guess you're saying so.

By far for me, my favorite gun is the M4A1 Holo. The woodland camo is just good looking first off, and the power of the gun combined with the Holographic sight is so much fun to use, with good range. The M203 is so great for shock value, given the raw power of the HE i can pretty much guesstimate the range and blow a bandit to hell in 1 shot.

Love this gun!

m4a3 cco and the m4a1 cco sd. The revovler is good to ive never gotten all the military weapons yet like the sniper rifles and light machine guns

Just love the M14, and of course also the DMR, but it's just something about the FAL. Possibly because it's the only gun I've gotten into a real firefight with.

Ok I know I know I know, b4 the thread is flooded with "thats a hacked gun" or all the "I only play legit" liars.... BY FAR my favorite gun / combo / fun time usage:

AKS :

For those who have not seen this...

No stock GOLD AKS,

Its sound is awesome, its look is awesome, and you feel like a John Matrix running through the forest and into major cities with an AKS--camo/solider gear--no pack--little gear: Gun, rounds, 1 piece meat, 1 soda, 1 morph, 1 pain pills, 1 NVG and GOOD LUCK on living long!

Ppl see your gold and you go right to top of the KOS list lol, "he must be a bandit or hacker or both" Mainly because there's no way a non hacking player can loot a hacker camp or weapon crate to use a weapon that the DAYZ team repeatedly has said you CAN NOT get banned for USING these items.

I'm a boomstick guy and the 870 is fabulous.

Also, unlimited ammo is nice with the 870 and M1014 (or the revolver/1911 duo)

For pistol, I like the g17 but I havent really picked up anything else. the 1911 would follow suit in terms of preference.

the only rifle I've used so far is a M4A1 CCO (with SD mags, I thank whoever decided to stock up on 15 of those mags and leave it in a tent VERY badly hidden near the NWAF). If I could find a M4A1 CCO SD I'd take that.