SubieWRX02

super low fram rate.

its damn near impossible to play. itll be fine for about 10 seconds then get maybe 3 fps. then a minute later be fine for 10 seconds.

• Like 1

I think it has something to do with 1.7.2.5 cause im getting ~17fps in a city.... im still working on fixing it lol

250gb hd

2.2ghz

2gb RAM (had 8gb upgrade but it ran worse)

ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics with 256 MB of dedicated system memory,

its an Acer laptop. i think its slowly taking a crap on me. cuz i cant even watch youtube videos now.

Sounds like your CPU or GPU is overheating and clocking down for some seconds to cool down. A friend had a similar problem, loooow fps for some seconds then fine again.

Renew the thermal paste on GPU and CPU, clean the dust out of the cooler etc. pp.. Or ask Acer to do it but they suck and won't do it for free as they should. Cheap fuckers.

Renew the thermal paste on GPU and CPU,

how do i do this? because i think your right. my computer gets SUPER hot,

its happening to me too, its gotta be server based given that we all seemed to be fine last night now cant even turn around without hitting 12 fps :/

This is happening to myself and others, reported in another thread titled "FPS Slow Down", I am getting 5fps tops on both my machines (and yes, I've tried on multiple machines).

Spec:

Intel Core i7 - 950 - 3ghz

16GB DDR3

nVidia GeForce 470 GTX x 2 (SLi)

1TB Samsung 7200 RPM

and

Intel Core i7 QM - 2.6ghz

8GB DDR3

nVidia GeForce 540 GTX

80GB Intel Speed SSD

The machines were all working fine yesterday night. I've checked Process Explorer and there's nothing hitting the CPU's, I've also used PerfMon and seen nothing significant, save for some hard drive activity (which I reported in the original thread, but this has died down now).

I have tried to reduce all settings to minimum, reduced screen resolution and even tried reinstalling the whole game package through Steam.

There appears to be no local (on my machine) cause for this problem, I believe this is server side... Anyone know more than me care to share? :beans:

Here is the other link: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/83112-major-fps-lag/

Edited by Xelous

how do i do this? because i think your right. my computer gets SUPER hot,

Find the service manual for your laptop, it contains instructions how to dissassemble it without causing damage. Only do it if you think you can do it and don't blame me if you destroy it in the process. :D

Or ask a friend who's good at this but give him something for his work as it sucks to do this.

feel like just building a new computer. this is rediculous. i ruled out my wireless router. it still gives me 3 fps for like a minute then itll be fine for 10 seconds. and im running it on the lowest settings. its basically like looking at goldeneye for n64

Everyone suggesting this is our own machines, please beware I have run this in single player, on some wild and some vanilla ArmaII operations, and on both my machines I got (last night) over 60FPS, this is on high settings throughout, and normal shadow detail.

The moment I enter DayZ the FPS is radically lower. There appears to be a bottle neck somewhere on the network, and if not that then some problem introduced yesterday (28/8/2012) after midnight, but before 4pm BST (GMT+1).

This is not my machines, this is not the game itself locally, so please, don't point me to any more tutorials on setting up my graphics settings, don't bemoan over heating, or bad machines/tech, don't blame or PM me about using old graphics drivers... Its the game, plain and simple.

And I don't mind it being the game, Dayz is Awesome... But... I'd have liked my fix of playing last night, and could not get it for (currently) reasons unknown... I therefore ask, could a Moderator ask a techie, "did something happen?"... or "Was there an outage".... or "Were we affected connecting people from the UK by the North Sea connection being severed"... In short, just say yay or nay, to something odd going on in the hive...

Cheers all. :beans:

Possible Solution

Might have a solution folks, certainly seems to be working for me:

Open your "My Documents" (or just Documents on Vista/Win7), and go into the "ArmA 2" folder, you should see the folder "@DayZ".

If there are any other folders beginning with "@", Delete them and start the game over.

I had "@CBA", "@CBA_A2" and "@CBA_OA". I don't know what any of them are, but by removing them I now have over 50 FPS back steady in towns and 60+ in the countryside. This is after two days of terrible below 5 fps game play.

@Subie: To confirm if your CPU or GPU run hot, just download CPU-Z and GPU-Z, run Arma 2 or Youtube or anything demanding and check the temps in aforementioned programs. :-)

250gb hd

2.2ghz

2gb RAM (had 8gb upgrade but it ran worse)

ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics with 256 MB of dedicated system memory,

I think with these specs it will be hard to get more than 15 FPS or so, and likely very often a lot less.

But the issue with changing FPS might be due to CPU changing speed, CPU/GFX getting hot - fan getting on - temp ok - fan turning off - temp high etc...

@Subie: To confirm if your CPU or GPU run hot, just download CPU-Z and GPU-Z, run Arma 2 or Youtube or anything demanding and check the temps in aforementioned programs. :-)

haha i can tell you its hot. it makes my computer rediculously hot to the touch.

my buddy has an Asus with 250gb hd, little different gfx card. 4 gigs of ram and a 2.2ghz cpu and he runs 30 to 40 fps all day long.