GEARSTICK

Marking points of interest on your map

Not sure if this has been suggested by anyone else or not but I thought it would be cool if you could mark different points on your in-game map. What I mean is marking a good area where you found some loot or even your base. But the thing I thought would be awesome is if you kill someone you could pick up their map or study it like you can with bodies and see where they have left different marks. A pencil or pen or something like that might have to implemented into the game so you could mark areas.

Also, if you're close to death and you have matches you could burn it so nobody could discover your base.

• Like 2

You can already place map markers...

Really? I did'nt know that. Is it in the way I've said that others can see the markers you've made if they take your map?

Actually I like this idea. The current map markers are global, so everyone can see them. So marking your camp is a huge mistake. But if you each had a unique map with unique markers which can be added/noted on your own then that would add a whole new level to gameplay and a whole new level of excitement to finding corpses/killing someone. Plus it creates a huge risk in marking your camp. It could lead to a reduction in people gearing up tents and just re-arming themselves with their previously gathered gear because an adversary would be able to locate it more easily.

So do map markers still show up globally? (on the note of realism; if Rocket removed the global text chatter that everyone could read, it would only make sense to remove the global map markers because HOW does some guy 20 miles away suddenly get to see your latest map marker you've put down the moment you do that? General psychism/awesome remote viewing power just doesn't fit in the category of realism for this game)

So do map markers still show up globally? (on the note of realism; if Rocket removed the global text chatter that everyone could read, it would only make sense to remove the global map markers because HOW does some guy 20 miles away suddenly get to see your latest map marker you've put down the moment you do that? General psychism/awesome remote viewing power just doesn't fit in the category of realism for this game)

A friend was telling me about this today, seems pretty stupid that where you wan't to go becomes public knowledge, someone close by or there could wait for you and kill you.