AbraCadabra

While playing in-game "Receiving..." help me with anything

Hello guys i am kinda sad i wont able to play the game smoothly like i did before

this what happens, i join a server after all loading screen finished

and after playing for like 5 to 10 min a black screen pop up and in the center "Receiving..."

i waited more than 1 hour but nothing looks will happen.

*i re-install the whole game not fixed this

*i also verify both arma 2 and arma oa not fixed yet

*all latest update's DayZ and Arma 2

#Please i wana play this game so hard =)

Edited by AbraCadabra

I got that too occasionally since i play on 1.7.2.5.

Havent been playing 1.7.2.5 a lot though, but most of the time it happens near a city, and lucky as i am, i get beaten up by zombies nearly everytime it happens.

And it always comes out of nothing, not like when you open and close your map.

It happened across different servers too.

But for me it usually goes away after a minute, sometimes more.

Only had to terminate Arma once or twice after waiting > 5mins.

Dunno if its possible, but at first i thought Arma has problems loading some textures from the harddisk?

Maybe its related to the graphical Artifacts bug?

Im too on the latest 96061 batch, and no launcher, commander or whatever here.

I do not use DayZ Commander, and I have this issue FREQUENTLY. Every day, around 5-6 times in a 4-hour period. I consider myself lucky when it comes back afterwards, however that is only about 10% of the time. Otherwise, 90% of the time, endless 'Receiving...' loop.

So I force quit, restart ArmA, and log in to a different server. This fixes it 50% of the time. Otherwise, instant 'Receiving...' loop.

This only happened a few rare times before and after updating to 1.7.2.5, and after the last beta patch (96061), it slowly started becoming more frequent.

I have no other apps running while I play.

This happens in town or in the woods, day or night, and with (it seems) any combination of graphic quality settings, even when the all are set to the lowest setting.

If I run into a graphical artifacts and either flush or change any video setting to fix the artifacting, my chances of randomly getting stuck the 'Receiving...' loop after about 5-10min increase dramatically. This happens even if I change servers. I only connect to servers running the same version/patch that I have. I have a suspicion that it happens more on some servers than others, but I have not tracked it enough to confirm this.

I'm using a Radeon 5770, latest drivers (has happened both before and after the driver update), and WinXP on an 2-processor, 4-core each 2.66 Intel Xeon, 2GB ram.

I can deal with the artifacts, but this problem is really screwing me over. I've lost count of how many times I've lost characters. (If I die I die, that's fine, but it keeps happening when I'm 15-20 min into a newly spawned guy, so it's a bit frustrating.)

There are just so many variables it could be, it's damn frustrating. Hopefully a pattern can be seen in all this.

This post has a video that seems to have fixed the issue, for at least tonight.

Update: It seems to be the fix. Tested it on multiple servers, day/night, NVGs, zooms, all are good now.

Edited by Chambers