TheMachine

I shoot on site because of combat loggers

I SUPPORT LOGGING ONLY FOR ENCOUNTERS WITH HACKERS.

There's a reason I don't logout when I'm in a tough spot, it's because I want to play DayZ for the experience, not to 'win', because lets face it, no one wins in DayZ anyway.

I'm a 'traditional' bandit, I approach people with my friends and we talk to them over direct chat.

We demand they lay down, turn around and not move, then we make them drop whatever we want.

Then we let them go... usually.

Sometimes we take them as slaves too.

Other times, if they seem cool and like minded we may even give them our TS IP and team up.

That's not to say I don't love blasting people, I really really do.

However, most people don't play DayZ for the experience, they aren't 'mature' in any sense and prefer to just combat log instead of have a little fun.

If you're reading this now and contriving a rebuttal to excuse your combat logging then you fall into what I call 'Group 1 players'.

Group 1 players are assholes.

They're generally carebears who want to hold hands and skip through the fields together, they'll shoot someone and justify it to themselves but lordy lord...if someone shoots them - to the forums they go, angry thread abound.

Group 1 players devolve even further into script kiddies, when they realise even combat logging won't save them.

Group 2 players are the rest of us, we play DayZ to play DayZ, we enjoy the ups and the downs.

Instead of raging if we get ambushed or a bandit demands our things, we learn from it, usually have a laugh too.

That shit is funny, folks.

I guy ambushed me earlier, broke my legs and took my morphine while i was knocked out, he left me with everything else though and specifically told me he'd taken only my morphine.

That shit was amusing.

Gear worth keeping and broken legs 2k from cherno.

Whole server got nuked by a hacker 10 minutes later anyway, but yeah.

Generally nowadays though, I just kill people because there's no way to stop combat loggers (except some private hives are apparently, weird right?) and rocket refuses to put in a logout timer.

At this point I'm wondering if that's even viable though, with all the hacking.

Standalone had better god damn have one though.

Edited by TheMachine

Rocket tried to implement a logout timer in the last patch. It didn't work for various reasons.

Like you I fall into group 2.

That post gave me cancer. There are a huge number of players who fit into neither of those groups.

Group 2 FTW, I got raped by a zombie and I liked it, the taste of his bloody chapstick

Take whatever you want!just let me live :D...i like your bandits style..funnyway then just kill people on half miles with sniper rifle:)

That is why I use a .50 cal. First I was a survivor - a good guy. But always when I tried to be nice, the answer was small - mainly exact 5,56 mm long.

Then I thought to play bandit playstyle. I tried to rob ppl, but they always ALT-F4. Now I am at the point that I shoot them with my .50 cal, so they do not have the opportunity to quit. They are dead before they know what has happened. Sadly I have to kill them, instead of robbery the old fashoined way. I would love to steal the beans of another play and let him go, but this is not possible.

Hopefully they will get this issue solved. No ALT-F4 anymore would make the game really exciting. And I could play a bandit without killing everyone.

That is why I use a .50 cal. First I was a survivor - a good guy. But always when I tried to be nice, the answer was small - mainly exact 5,56 mm long.

Then I thought to play bandit playstyle. I tried to rob ppl, but they always ALT-F4. Now I am at the point that I shoot them with my .50 cal, so they do not have the opportunity to quit. They are dead before they know what has happened. Sadly I have to kill them, instead of robbery the old fashoined way. I would love to steal the beans of another play and let him go, but this is not possible.

Hopefully they will get this issue solved. No ALT-F4 anymore would make the game really exciting. And I could play a bandit without killing everyone.

The social impact of combat logging. It's a sad tale.

He wasn't born bad.

• Like 1

I shoot on site because I'm an architect's photographer.....

:blush:

In all seriousness though, the people that combat log are idiots who don't understand what the game is about.

The two types of Player Story:

True DayZ players: Amazing tales of heroism and banditry, of close escapes and lonely bitter deaths, the stuff classic films are made of...

Combat loggers: So I saw this guy. The End

• Like 1

Just to be picky the calibre is the width not the length.

OP, I see your point but your grouping of players is the most general broad brush statement I have ever read. Player who is not you = care bear = combat logger = script kid.

I agree with the anti-combat logger sentiment but unless you are planning a career in politics or serial bigotry you may want to stratify your view of the world a bit more.