Cerebral Cyanide

Cannot enter a game. Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\ArmA 2\\dta\bin.pbo

Out of interest how did you fix this mate, my friend is having the EXACT same issue and he got his copy from GoG too, he's reinstalled with no luck and there's nothing in his registry under Bohemia Interactive or Arma at all.

Hey guys,

I bought my copy through GOG.com and they responded with the following steps. It works for DayZ but now when I try to do the same thing for the Takistan and Lingor maps they load with only the base version of ArmA2, not 96751 that I have downloaded and properly running on the original DayZ mod. Working on the solution to that at the moment (change the shortcuts to their respective titles, @DayZTakistan instead of just @DayZ at the end of step 4)..

1) Please make sure that you have User Account Control disabled.

Please make sure that your user account has Administrator privileges.

To do this, go to Start ->Control Panel ->User Accounts and Family Safety ->User Accounts ->Change User Account Control settings. Move the slider to the lowest position ("Never notify") and click OK.

2) Please reinstall the game to a simper path (like: C:\Games).

3) Please make sure that you use "Run as Administrator" to install and to start the game (right click on the shortcut or setup file and select "Run as Administrator").

4) Please make sure that you followed the "RETAIL INSTALLATION" instructions correctly:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1808-guide-installation-guide-steam-retail-mixed-beta-common-errors/#entry18541

Especially the part with making the folder and creating a shortcut, without a correct shortcut the game won't run.

Example of target field:

"C:\test\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@dayz

Ok, so I just figured out how to use all of the mods with the DayZ commander (courtesy of http://itsraidnight.tumblr.com/)

1. type regedit.exe into the search bar on the start menu (shortcut hit windows key and then start typing)

run the registry editor.

2. Like it says in the link, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\GOG.com\GOGARMA2 and then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\Bohemia Interactive\

(i.e. open the third folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, open the SOFTWARE folder then the WOW6432NODE and then all the other relevant folders above and edit out the last "\" where ever you find it - I had three)

once they're all edited out close everything down (I restarted my laptop but I doubt you have to) and then run the DayZ commander and everything should work perfectly.

Original instructions from the link:

That error was “Cannot open file in C:\Program Files(x86)\GOG.com\Arma II - PC\dta\bin.pbo”

Notice how there’s a second backward slash mark in the filepath? That’s not supposed to be there. I resolved this by going into the Windows registry myself and finding two different directories:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\GOG.com\GOGARMA2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\Bohemia Interactive\

In each of the files with a “MAIN” heading, I edited the entries to not have a backslash at the end, and it automatically fixed the system files for Arma 2 to have the correct filepath.

Launch Day Z Commander and pick some server filters, and with an edited registry and Arma 2 patched with a mod manager to install the mod files, it works just as intended.

• Like 2

if it says bad CD key then you've gotta rerun your serial key changer in Administrative mode. Get your CD key from signing into GOG.com (or where ever it is), open your ARMA II folder, right click the key changer, copy/paste your key in and you should be good to go