Sign in to follow this  
Erye

Zombie run speed

Well me and my friends are getting tired of this rediciliuos zombie speed (very sorry for my english). I suggest to make zombies 0.9 - 0.8 of player run speed or sprint, that would make easier for us,but you can only kill the zombie with a headshot or with lots of body shots. Its just not normal of having zombies run at super speed.

Thank you for reading :) hope you like it.

• Like 1

I don't like it.

Ohh...run into a building /thread.

Currently, players are about twenty times more of a threat than zombies are. With this, the threat in zombies would be pretty much zero as escaping would be ludicrously easy. The whole point of the zombies is that you can't just outrun them on an open stretch, and that a zombie chase could easily last half an hour if you don't execute it well.

i.e DayZ is not going to change just because noobs (sorry) are whining about it.

im not whining im just suggesting and i escape the zombies pretty easily.

im not whining im just suggesting and i escape the zombies pretty easily.

Then what's the problem? :S

They're fine as they are right now, they just need more health or something to make them a little harder to kill.

I'd even go in the opposite direction than OP. Make the Players Speed/Endurance less than the Zeds.

It'd force Players to proceed more carefully and to develop tactics to lose them, instead of simply run until they're gone.

(Plus, I still keep the idea of Skill improvements through training and Carry weight, Stamina etc. So you only have a chance to outrun them if you're not packed with a full Alice Pack and if you're endurant enough

->see http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66500-full-character-progression-compilation-thread/)

• Like 1

I feel they are to slow right now...

It's way to easy to get away from a horde.

Also they need zombies to lunge at you once they catch up, and hit you once, or grab on. (It would vary.) And some would even stumble after, and than again a chance of falling after a stumble.

I'm with OP on this one. Zed's speed is still ridiculous and the only way to lose them is to run through a building, up ther hill, down a slope or just shoot them. Reducing zed's speed makes the animations less buggy and actually hitting them a bit less pain in the ass. Of course you can't just reduce zed's speed and just call it a day. You'll have to tweak the whole system to get it work right. First of make zed's punching animation reach a lot further and not to make them stop in their tracks (I know they sometimesdo this run by hit but you can still safely run away from them). Second thing is to make zed's more slow, maybe just a little bit faster than player running with W pressed, but still lower than player using double tapped W to sprint. Thridly introduce exhaustion when sprinting (note this would only affect double tapping sprint so you could still travel by foot). Also make sprinting bit faster and normal running just a little bit slower to create more difference between them.

So in conclusion we would have a system where the sprinting (double tapping W) would be only used in life threatening situations like zed chasing you. You could out run it for a while, maybe even get enough distance to hide, but you could only keep on sprinting for a minute or so and your aim would shake extemely for next 20 seconds making aiming really hard. Also zeds would gain you slowly if you would only run (one press of W) but a less slower rate than currently. Running would still be unlimited to allow people lacking vehicles to travel across Chernarus.

Riesenkartoffel, You seem to think to much within the boundaries of the Arma 2 Mod.

Zed Behaviour, Animations, AI, Attack, Detection, Spawning ... will be improved + revised for the Standalone.

Right now the Zeds are far from being "Gold Status".

They damage you without touching you, they break your legs/knock you out just by walking into you, they cannot run inside buildings, their animations are utter crap ... And so on.

Just have some patience and wait for the next updates and the standalone.

Riesenkartoffel, I will agree about the animations being so buggy that it makes hitting zeds near impossible unless you have them coming up stairs or a ladder but that's as far as I can go. They're not a threat if you know how to move in and around buildings/towns; a bit of careful planning (maybe a d/c or two, in case it goes pear shaped) and one can easily lose zombies.

Its just not normal of having zombies run at super speed.

So..when was the last zombie apocalypse where you could see how fast the zombies run?

Zombies are too easy to avoid anyway, they should be like in the walking dead, slow but very very dangerous, you still get my beans though

Riesenkartoffel, I will agree about the animations being so buggy that it makes hitting zeds near impossible unless you have them coming up stairs or a ladder but that's as far as I can go. They're not a threat if you know how to move in and around buildings/towns; a bit of careful planning (maybe a d/c or two, in case it goes pear shaped) and one can easily lose zombies.

Of course I expect things like zed's walking insides and D/Cing to be fixed in stand alone. I just remember the times me and my buddy used to crawl everywhere and avoid the zed's all together. Novadays it's just running through a town with train behind you looting everything as fast as possible and finally running through some house, out smarting zed's... Houses shouldn't be safe havens, they should be death traps.

What I would do is reduce zombie speed by 10% and reduce player speed by 20%. This would be more fun imo. This would make it so you can't escape the zombie without tactics. Also I feel the game is too unforgiving with aiming, so reducing the zed speed would make head shots a little easier. I am sorry, but if a zombie is 5 feet away I am going to have a much easier time getting a head shot then the game allows me....

What I would do is reduce zombie speed by 10% and reduce player speed by 20%. This would be more fun imo. This would make it so you can't escape the zombie without tactics. Also I feel the game is too unforgiving with aiming, so reducing the zed speed would make head shots a little easier. I am sorry, but if a zombie is 5 feet away I am going to have a much easier time getting a head shot then the game allows me....

Google police shooting percentage, the FBI tracks the results of police gun fights and their accuracy at different ranges. Even trained police officers are not accurate at 5 feet (hitting anywhere on the body), IMO aiming needs to be harder IG.

Zombies should run 90% as fast as us and thats it. Zombie OR infected they are both slower then humans. Even in 28 days later the humans can outrun them slightly. Anyone who knows anything about zombies should know that 1-2 zombies shouldn't even be a problum. Its when they are in hordes that they become a threat. Rocket should stop buffing/debuffing the induvidal and make the zombies as a group be a threat.