Sign in to follow this  
MiNdl3sS

thinking of renting a server?

DON'T.

the amount of bs you will have to put up with is not going to be worth it. the game is completely broken at the moment, and something that i would imagine is a simple fix (for item saving) hasn't been patched in weeks. the beta is dead, they are basically just working on the standalone now.

when i called out a bunch of clan kids on duping hacked weapons (as50 tws) endlessly on my server, the reply i got was "you can't ban us because rocket said it's not a bannable offense". as an admin you barely have any control of the server you are paying for, and the logs are a pain in the ass to read. nothing is being done to help server owners out, infact i noticed everything is going against them.

me and a friend bought a server because we were tired of the bs restarts everytime we steal an admin's vehicle/helicopter, and wanted to have somewhere where we could have a good, fair game. right off the bat the saving issue kicked in and nobody wanted to play anymore because they can't save their progress. as one wise individual pointed out "our server is only good for duping because it is really fast at loading". now it's basically dead and we are shutting it down.

tl:dr:

save yourself time and trouble and don't rent a server until standalone

Yeah I'd say just wait for the standalone version. I think a lot of hosts are trying to rent out a lot of servers for the Arma II DayZ to make a bunch of cash, so when the stand alone comes out they will have to get a new server. Not sure how it will work, but do server hosts have to buy servers for separate games, or just change them to what game they want?

not sure, but i know more and more people are realizing this, which is why you tend to see a lot of discounted dayz servers for ridiculously low prices often on the forums now.

at this point in the beta, only established servers are going to survive, no new server stands a chance, so the business is going to die soon as well and they know that

not sure, but i know more and more people are realizing this, which is why you tend to see a lot of discounted dayz servers for ridiculously low prices often on the forums now.

at this point in the beta, only established servers are going to survive, no new server stands a chance, so the business is going to die soon as well and they know that

Fully agree, and understand. =]

Starting to agree.

You only have to look at the amount of horse-shit in the 'Servers' section of this forum, endless whiny bitches who's lost a vehicle or a gun or some shitty thing, then come here bleating about admin abuse.

It's fucking pathetic and unheard of outside of this newcomer of a game.