Sign in to follow this  
Icus

The State of the Game and Why a Once "Addict" Has Moved On

"i've given up because i can't be bothered to deal with a buggy alpha, which I expect to work perfectly"

again not a GAME man...get it through your head and understand it. it doesn't matter that the mod grew or more servers lit up, its still an APLHA MOD in testing. Stop treating it like a polished finished game and you will cut out about 80% of that whining deadweight attitude.

Or you could actually start using your brain yourself to realise everyone in this thread already acknowledged it's an alpha. The reason we're complaining is because nothing is being done with the feedback. Proof = the time it's taking to fix the bugs since last patch. Proof nr2 = the fact that every patch brings new gamebreaking bugs.

Inb4 you're not forced to play it. Bullshit argument since everyone knows 95% of the 1million+ people who bought arma2 did it for dayz. They should at least take on the responsibility to maintain said mod on a playable level.

If you think the forum gets flooded with complaints atm, check again in a few months when the standalone is out which is still gonna be filled with bugs. Ill get my popcorn ready for that moment.

Edited by Enemy11

Can we stop calling it an alpha. It's not like any other alpha ever. It's not been run , updated or played like an alpha. Rocket called it an experiment. Let's stick with that.

'stop whining its an alpha' or should it be 'stop feeding back data it's an experiment'

I hope some of us can gain new perspective from this.

As with most mods it is starting to run its course, the end is nigh. That isn't so bad as the results of the experiment mean a new game is coming out \o/.

Another positive that's come out of this is that arma multiplayer is pretty cool and I know a lot of people have tried it thanks to dayz. If you haven't tried vanilla arma 2 multiplayer I seriously recommend it.

So OP we all feel your pain but don't be sad the experiment was a success, well done everyone. Roll on ArmA 3 and roll on 'The DayZ' until then ditch your as50, grab a dinner bell and meet me in electro for some "hold the Pub!" death match madness.

• Like 1

For me the "endgame" is trying to find that rare loot but hackers ruined that. If I check 2-3 tents I can be stocked up with every "rare" item. Sucks the fun out of the game and gives no reason to continue. The only endgame I can think of now is killing heros.. I think that's why people become bandits. There's nothing else left to do and boredom sets in.

Edited by RogueSniper

Duping and vehicles likely won't be fixed, along with artifacting.

Matt Lightfoot recently (2 days ago?) talked about it on the TMW teamspeak (recording of it is probably somewhere on youtube if you look for it)

Essentially he said duping is caused by lag between the hive and server and there isn't a way to completely fix it (same explanation for ammo counting glitches, which he said they could fix but the game would be laggy as hell), and as for artifacting he said they don't know if they will be able to fix it or not but Rocket is reluctant to take the dead soldiers causing it out because of the "atmosphere" they give to the game (horseshit imo).

He was pretty vague about the answers and it was fairly obvious he tried to avoid them most of the time.