ztripez

Call to the devs and server admins about the issues with open servers.

here we go again!!! you really should get your shit together your personal attacks about my age is just a sign of your own Imuture, tho i am 37 years old and i am not crying but you sure are cocky probably becours you dont got the money to spend on your own for a server or two.

We buy the game we rent the servers, but we are renting and buying it all for everyon els there is noting you can say to me or any excuse that i will accept, get to work and find away so we can reserve some slots to our friends on our servers.

this is my statement and Liquidje chill and get out of my face.

here we go again!!! you really should get your shit together your personal attacks about my age is just a sign of your own Imuture' date=' tho i am 37 years old and i am not crying but you sure are cocky probably becours you dont got the money to spend on your own for a server or two.

We buy the game we rent the servers, but we are renting and buying it all for everyon els there is noting you can say to me or any excuse that i will accept, get to work and find away so we can reserve some slots to our friends on our servers.

this is my statement and Liquidje chill and get out of my face.

[/quote']

You are the one complaining about the stance of the developers and how your server host agrees with you (who cares), while there is a post DIRECTLY ABOVE yours stating not only that they are actually working on it, but also explaining why kicking for the time being is not acceptable.

But since you can't reflect on yourself: these parts make you cocky as hell:

as it is, hey i am making the payments here and its about 50£ and 70£ every month a game server and a dedicated server, so stop crying about us server admins, if we want reserved slots then give us this, whats the problem there are still 30-40 or more slots open for the Commercial of DayZ that they get free from us hosting servers.

its crazy i have bean talking to the company were i am renting servers at and they think that DayZ Rocket and there Dev team are totaly out of control becours they make allot of people angry whit there system and all there rules, this ends up whit companies renting out servers get allot and i mean allot of extra work 24/7

i think its time to support the ideer of reserved server slots, even if there are allot of problems to take care of this is up to the devs.

its about time that we all rise ouer voice and support echouter in every way.

Oh and to throw in your post now:

You don't see ANYTHING wrong with this post? You don't picture a little fat child stomping around his room because his parents did not want to buy a PS3?

I can see your native language is not English (I'm not bashing you for that tho'), but the way you post is very, very anti-social towards the devs.

And seriously, what do you know about me? I'm finishing my master thesis right now, and I could literally spare enough money for 2 or 3 servers as I work my as off at my job. Why I don't hire 2 or 3 servers? I don't have much time for playing, and I haven't touched DayZ for over 2 weeks. Even so, I am highly interested in the game and the (gamplay) discussions combined with it. I find the discussion at least as fascinating from a game design perspective. This coupled with the effort to set up a server and the waiting times, I decided not to support this project financially right now. Don't tell me shit about my income, I support enough indie games as it is, especially considering the fact I'm a student. Still, if one of the game communities I am active in would propose to rent a server, I would be happy to pitch in.

But hey, nice. I tried to also be informative and have some content in my post, but I'm glad to see you don't share the same intentions, as all you can do is complain and not get into specifics. Even now you are complaining about a feature which is actually planned in the near future. If you are complaining that it takes too long: I'm sorry, this is an independent mod project, shit works differently.

E

Ok how about this. Im not sure if its possible or if its worth it but what about a queue of sorts for specific ips. When a logged ip attempts to join a specific server that is full it puts them in queue and stops all other NEW attempts to join the server. When a slot opens up its open for 5mins(less if you think to much) max. That should be enough time for the que to allow the registered ip onto the server. If the person cant connect or doesnt for the 5mins their slot is saved it opens back up to other join requests.

Ok let me explain this a bit for those who are intrested.

1. This setup wouldnt kick players for clan members because it would be a temp save for the next available slot that opened up from a player leaving.

2. This would not be a reserved slot it would just simply save the next available slot for the registered ip. Players wouldnt be able to join anyway because of the server being full so it wouldnt be much of a disservice to them.

3. It wouldnt be a instant in but it would at least allow people who own the server or clans to meet up after some time in line.

P.s Im not a server owner. Ive never been and dont plan to be but i can understand the position of them.

Ok how about this. Im not sure if its possible or if its worth it but what about a queue of sorts for specific ips. When a logged ip attempts to join a specific server that is full it puts them in queue and stops all other NEW attempts to join the server. When a slot opens up its open for 5mins(less if you think to much) max. That should be enough time for the que to allow the registered ip onto the server. If the person cant connect or doesnt for the 5mins their slot is saved it opens back up to other join requests.

Ok let me explain this a bit for those who are intrested.

1. This setup wouldnt kick players for clan members because it would be a temp save for the next available slot that opened up from a player leaving.

2. This would not be a reserved slot it would just simply save the next available slot for the registered ip. Players wouldnt be able to join anyway because of the server being full so it wouldnt be much of a disservice to them.

3. It wouldnt be a instant in but it would at least allow people who own the server or clans to meet up after some time in line.

P.s Im not a server owner. Ive never been and dont plan to be but i can understand the position of them.

Nice of you to think with us! Some constructive input is useful. It could work more or less' date=' but as Rocket already stated: actual full-blown reserved slot functionality (or something similar) will be coming someday. However, for now he focusses more on new functionalities and optimizing scripts, and some balancing. Looking at his programming style, I highly doubt a placeholder system like this would be made: both systems would require changing some major stuff in the code of ArmA II iirc.

And again, don't get me wrong, I understand the issue and devs as well. But since the game is still Alpha there is so much to do for Rocket and there is only so much time available, so he has too prioritize. However, as I tried to point out before: he is working on it, but for not server admins will have to cope with the situation, and especially NOT kick for making place.

I understand some admins do not like this, however there are many other admins (and future admins) which do NOT mind it in this point in developing. So for now it is just like that, and if people really disagree they should contact the staff instead of Rocket. And probably they will say the same: either accept or stop hosting, this is how it is at this point. Again: [b']this will be changed in the future.

Also I don't really understand: this is just one of the rules admins have to agree on. They have been informed on all the rules and requirements and probably have accepted these as well: else they can't connect to the hyve. Ergo, at some point the server owner must have agreed to these terms to not have the priviledge of reserved slots or kicking problems. Complaining afterwards is a bit unfair.

I know the priority is the game itself not the reserved slots but to be honest ive been reading these posts for a couple weeks now and im tired of people saying the same thing "Kick for clan and friends" "Reserved slots" "password till you join". Many many many posts of the same thing but never anything new. :) Now i can say ive suggested something new

Hi everybody, just to say it: If this feature gets available, i will host a server to.

Little more:

I like the rules for dayz servers, i think they are necessary. But reserved Slots are a must have in the later game. =)

Edited by friiky2