hYsoka

Anybody have a G36C SD?

There's no rules in place only due to the unenlightened masses who may stumble across hacked weapons and know no better. It's questionable though when you knowingly seek hacked weapons, combat advantages or not.

In this example, I'd agree, people should ease flaming the cosmetic change; but at the same time Hysoka you've gone down in my estimations, seeming nihilistic.

That's fair, the only reason I want it is because quite frankly I think it looks a lot better than the M4.

Still looking for one by the way.

Edited by hYsoka

IGNORE: Finally got one.

Edited by hYsoka

I found 3 today, and I buried them with the bodies. Scripting isn't just a problem when you get teleported into the thunderdome, the influx of rare items completely throws off the balance of the game. For instance, I've been playing for a little over a month now, and I've yet to see or find an M24, but I see/hear a dozen AS50's a day. People keeping spawned items in circulation within the game are just as bad as scripters, if you ask me. You can blame the 500 QQ threads about the AS50 and M1017 on scripters, but mostly people like you. At least the scripters get banned, but people like you will never care about the game or community as much as you do for your own individual experience, and will continue to prolong the negative effects of cheaters long after they are banned. Not saying you can't pick up a game and play it to your own enjoyment, but this isn't CoD.

• Like 1

For instance, I've been playing for a little over a month now, and I've yet to see or find an M24, but I see/hear a dozen AS50's a day. People keeping spawned items in circulation within the game are just as bad as scripters, if you ask me. You can blame the 500 QQ threads about the AS50 and M1017 on scripters, but mostly people like you.

I'm sorry but I'm a little confused by what you're implying here. The AS50 and the M107 are legitimate DayZ weapons that are actually in the loot table. They are not that difficult to find. I come across them at helicopter crash sites or at tent camps with some regularity (whether or not the ones I find in tents are legit is, of course, up to debate.)

If you're saying that scripters frequently spawn into the game with them, well, I admit I've seen that too. That's why you'd do well to find and keep a legit M107 on you at all times. I do just that and I have taken down quite a few scripters. You could beat them at their own game if you tried.

Edited by SineDeviance

I found 3 today, and I buried them with the bodies. Scripting isn't just a problem when you get teleported into the thunderdome, the influx of rare items completely throws off the balance of the game. For instance, I've been playing for a little over a month now, and I've yet to see or find an M24, but I see/hear a dozen AS50's a day. People keeping spawned items in circulation within the game are just as bad as scripters, if you ask me. You can blame the 500 QQ threads about the AS50 and M1017 on scripters, but mostly people like you. At least the scripters get banned, but people like you will never care about the game or community as much as you do for your own individual experience, and will continue to prolong the negative effects of cheaters long after they are banned. Not saying you can't pick up a game and play it to your own enjoyment, but this isn't CoD.

Sorry, where was the mention of the AS50 (TWS?) or M107 here? Oh there's none?

I asked for a simple reskin of a gun I already own, get over it.

ITT: herp derp

Been playing for a month and never seen an m24? Have you even played the game?

I'm sorry but I'm a little confused by what you're implying here. The AS50 and the M107 are legitimate DayZ weapons that are actually in the loot table. They are not that difficult to find. I come across them at helicopter crash sites or at tent camps with some regularity (whether or not the ones I find in tents are legit is, of course, up to debate.)

If you're saying that scripters frequently spawn into the game with them, well, I admit I've seen that too. That's why you'd do well to find and keep a legit M107 on you at all times. I do just that and I have taken down quite a few scripters. You could beat them at their own game if you tried.

I think it's pretty obvious that the two weapons I noted are legit, but they are, from what it seems, the most commonly scripted in weapons. Not only that, according to the DayZ wiki, they are supposed to be extremely rare. With the influx of scriptors and people that are against hacking but still choose to reap the benefits, there is an extremely high number of these extremely uncommon weapons floating around. I only used them as an example because they are the most commonly spawned, but you can bet your ass that the majority of people you have killed that had an AS50 took it off a body that scripted/duped it into existence. The only way to cycle scripted weapons, weather legit lootable weapons or not, out of the game is to leave them on the corpse and hide the body. The way this effects game balance is there is little to no point in entering a city of any size to gear up your character. Scripters, dupers, and people that hoard scripted/duped weapons found in game have thrown the rarity loot balance completely off, and the most efficient way to play the game now is to spawn, run to the far west coast, and run north until you find tents and vehicles chocked full of spawned weapons. Why spend 20 minutes risking your neck in Cherno or Elektro when EVERY SINGLE SERVER has piles and piles of tents and dead bodies laying around with NVGs, AS50s, M9 SDs, range finders, GPSs, etc.

So, to make the same point I made before, people like you are ruining the balance of the game and making it a race to who can find the dupe tent the fastest, as opposed to playing the game. If you want to play with these weapons, look for them, and if they aren't in the game, go play Arma. Loot maps are your friend.

• Like 2

Why spend 20 minutes risking your neck in Cherno or Elektro when EVERY SINGLE SERVER has piles and piles of tents and dead bodies laying around with NVGs, AS50s, M9 SDs, range finders, GPSs, etc.

So, to make the same point I made before, people like you are ruining the balance of the game and making it a race to who can find the dupe tent the fastest, as opposed to playing the game. If you want to play with these weapons, look for them, and if they aren't in the game, go play Arma. Loot maps are your friend.

You answered your own question there. Why would an average gamer (the majority of who couldn't care less about your "valued community") ever take an unnecessary risk when they're given a very easy alternative? I'm assuming you're an educated man, figure it out. If there's an easy way, most people will be tempted to take that route.

I'll ask again, how does a reskin of a weapon I used to own with no advantages ruin the game for you? What "balance" am I ruining by wanting a gun that LOOKS different?

Give me an answer that doesn't include duped items I wasn't even after. NVG's, rangefinders aren't even RELATED to me looking for a simple reskin. Please tell me you can at least make the distinction between wanting something purely for its appearance, and wanting an easy endgame.

Funny how people always " QQ " (I hate this term) about people who " QQ ".

I don't care if you use a G36 or a AS50, ... , ... .

In my opinion the heads of DayZ should initiate a Hive reset (by hive reset i mean : reset everything to a clean state)

e.g. reset ALL questionable weapons out of tents, cars, inventories -> by that there would be no one running around with a AS50, M107, L85 ect. , since most of those weapons ARE NOT FOUND IN A LEGIT WAY!

Back to topic : If I come across one I will send you a message.

Funny how people always " QQ " (I hate this term) about people who " QQ ".

I don't care if you use a G36 or a AS50, ... , ... .

In my opinion the heads of DayZ should initiate a Hive reset (by hive reset i mean : reset everything to a clean state)

e.g. reset ALL questionable weapons out of tents, cars, inventories -> by that there would be no one running around with a AS50, M107, L85 ect. , since most of those weapons ARE NOT FOUND IN A LEGIT WAY!

Back to topic : If I come across one I will send you a message.

Not only will dupers dupe again, a large portion of previously legitimate people would probably feel correct to dupe their hard earned gear back

Not only will dupers dupe again, a large portion of previously legitimate people would probably feel correct to dupe their hard earned gear back

What about a HIVE RESET + 1.7.3 ?

There is a probably a solution so one cannot save a tent .

You place a tent -> put something in it -> the item saves the tent -> you take it out -> the tent saves the removal

Why would an average gamer (the majority of who couldn't care less about your "valued community") ever take an unnecessary risk when they're given a very easy alternative?

Simply because that's the way you're supposed to play the game. If you want to get the weapon of your choice without taking any risk just go play an Arma SP or MP mission.

I have an AS 50 TWS, G36C SD, G36C SD Camo, PDW SD, M4A1 Holo SD, MG36, L86 Holo GL or whatever its called and a Revolver Gold. The only decent weapon amongst them is the AS 50 TWS, for obvious reasons. The Holo sight is atrocious. The rest of them sit in my tents and gather dust.

I like the AS 50 TWS and I won't stop using it.

Also, in before qq.

Edited by Fapnapkin

I have an AS 50 TWS, G36C SD, G36C SD Camo, PDW SD, M4A1 Holo SD, MG36, L86 Holo GL or whatever its called and a Revolver Gold. The only decent weapon amongst them is the AS 50 TWS, for obvious reasons. The Holo sight is atrocious. The rest of them sit in my tents and gather dust.

I like the AS 50 TWS and I won't stop using it.

Also, in before qq.

I assume you re not going to trade a G36 or MG36 ?

If you pick up a hacked weapon you won't get banned for it, not by BattleEye. But if an admin see's you with it, he will think its you who hacked it in, ban you from the server and report you. And you might get a global ban. I don't see the need for this weapon because its equal if not even worse then the m4 silenced. Seriously you don't need it. Leave it be. Peace.

Trading with hacked weapons is bad mmmmmkay.

Plenty of reasons why already in this topic.

Locked !

P.S. Next time I see this its official warning time for the perpetrator.