dut

Alternate Food & Drink sources (that are already in the ArmA)

Some of these have been suggested before but since the forum roll back they disappeared so here goes.

Alternate food sources -items are already in game they just need a script to make them not infinite.

Apple from apple tree -decrease hunger, decrease thirst, 100 blood

Pear from pear tree -Same as above

Pumpkin -decrease hunger, no change in thirst, 400 blood

Red berries from berry trees -no change in hunger, no change in thirst, no change in blood, 25% chance to be knocked out

Tall white mushrooms on forest floor -increase hunger, increase thirst, -100 blood and 100% chance to be knocked out

Brown mushrooms growing on stumps -decrease hunger, increase thirst, no change in blood

Potato -decrease hunger, no change in thirst, 100 blood, 5% chance to be knocked out

Egg -Found in chicken coops, same stats as a can of beans. If cooked the blood recovery is 400.

Sunflower seeds? -They are nutritious and they do grow in Chernarus...

If these are made inventory items then modelling a brown paper bag would be the simplest way to display them on the ground after you pick them.

The numbers and effects are just brainstorming, but you get the idea. The knock out effect is not immediate, it would be 5-10 minutes after eating.

Alternate water sources

-Ability to drink straight from ponds

-Ability to drink straight from water pumps

-Ability to drink from and fill water bottle from wells

-Ability to drink from and fill water bottle from spouting around houses when it is raining.

-Able to search trash cans for a chance to spawn: Empty can, empty tin can, empty whiskey bottle, scrap metal OR empty plastic bottle.

-Empty plastic bottle can be used as a water bottle.

Puddles? Too hard to add.

Counter balancing the new food and drink sources

-Less tins of food spawn.

-Water from ponds and wells needs to be boiled or it has a chance of poisoning the player.

(But what if they drink the wrong one? Tough. It is up to the player to separate the pond water from the drinking water in their backpack)

The immediate effects of these additions would be a more interactive environment. The long term effects, I don't know... maybe more tears on the forums when players eat the white mushrooms and die.

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr i liek choclat milk

Cool ideas mate, but why the 5% chance of getting knocked out from a potatoe? lol Didnt think tattys were dangerous!

Cool ideas mate' date=' but why the 5% chance of getting knocked out from a potatoe? lol Didnt think tattys were dangerous!

[/quote']

Eating wild potatoes might give you a sore stomach or diarrhea. The chance of being knocked out is a compromise until the highly anticipated and much talked about "Take a Poop" feature is added.

Like I said they're just random numbers, 5% is probably too high.

unfortunately i don't think those items can be deleted upon consumation, and it would be annoying to try and eat a pumpkin only to have the game say that this pumpkin has already been eaten.

Additionally since the locations of these food sources dont change players would never need to look for food, as they'd already know where to find some.

unfortunately i don't think those items can be deleted upon consumation' date=' and it would be annoying to try and eat a pumpkin only to have the game say that this pumpkin has already been eaten.

[/quote']

Good point. My thoughts were it would be random if you got anything anyway. A message like "They're all rotten" would probably be fine.

Additionally since the locations of these food sources dont change players would never need to look for food' date=' as they'd already know where to find some.

[/quote']

Randomizing solves that problem too. Orchards would be the place to go for guaranteed food but they're always close to towns and they never provide any cover.

I'm truly pleased to see that even those ideas where suggested.

As an amateur of survival training I really like those idea, especially the poisoning part.

I will open a new tread about it because I really believe that there is something to do there.

While I dislike that eating anything gives you +blood (blood should slowly regen with time) I do agree with foraging (see my wish list below). Many of the houses even have what appear to be gardens growing near them. The woods would have grubs, termites, edible roots and leaves, all kinds of things.

I am currently dying of thirst in a rainstorm while standing in a pond. :dodgy:

Nice ideas. I'd like the ability to free up a slot by decanting soda from cans to empty water bottles.

Very nice, that's what i was thinking when i saw the pumpkins at the farms and the mushrooms in the forest^^

The thing with the "poisonous" mushrooms might also work!

+1 for the suggestions!

I like the ideas with being able to forage, what I especially like though is the part where it says "decreases hunger/thirst" currently you can can just drink something and you hunger thirst are completely gone.