Sign in to follow this  
thygrrr

Fewer, but deadlier Zombies

I think the number of Zombies should be reduced to at least 50%, maybe 25% of what it is now, but they should be a lot deadlier.

Zombie spawns should be randomized, i.e. you cannot know how many zombies one building usually has, and how many an individual player spawns. Zombies should spawn inside buildings, too, invisible to players until they get near or even into the building.

At the same time, zombies should be made much more deadly (i.e. less glitchy and more direct running, no chance of kiting zombies by backpedaling, etc). Maybe make them leap or something.

They should deal more damage, slow down and hold the player, and take more bullets to kill.

Zombie aggro range should be increased, especially for crawling players. However, zombies should not respawn quickly, so killing zombies from a distance should be an option when approaching a town - risk death but conserve ammo by sneaking in, or risk revealing your position but safely snipe the zombies from afar first.

Advantages:

• less server & client performance impact
  • more shock/surprise moments

To offset the new deadliness, it should be possible to lose the Zombie aggro somehow (e.g. get out of sight, out of range).

Yup, a bit slower or at least not so random zigzaggy. they often run right past you.

I think the problem is the spawnrate. We usally roll with 5-6 people and strange things happen when you try to enter a town. If you want to go in with any kind of tactics it will simply just respawn before you get anywhere.

It gets a bit booring now when the only viable tactic with many people is to run into a barn or office with all the mobs.

My experience is that even with just 3 people getting together there are lag issues that makes the game often unplayable. Also the recent vehicle causes a whole new level of lag problem due to the fact that zombies will run as fast as the cars pretty much and never giving up.