ubermenschlich

Serial Number or Wrong CD Key

I was initially getting the "Battleye failed to update." Error and was getting kicked from the server. So I validated my Steam files and now when I attempt to join through DayZ Commander or Six Launcher I get Wrong CD Key and Serial Number respectively.

I'm assuming I'm just going to have to re-download the game which is frustrating. Or is there another way for me to solve this issue?

• Like 1

I landed on this because I had just purchased a new computer and had to reinstall everything. I was getting that error message but I hadn't run Arrowhead yet even though dayz commander was still allowing me to update everything else. Once I ran OA from Steam in Administrator mode it worked. Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks! I had the same problem although I was missing a file with .shadow at the end and I validated the steam files, it told me I had one file missing and that it'd be accounted for, but alas I still recieved the error. Next I closed the proccess of steam and restarted in administrator mode, it worked, so thanks!!

• Like 2

i still have this problem when i try to update dayz using dayz commander it still says Wrong CD key

i still have this problem when i try to update dayz using dayz commander it still says Wrong CD key

I'm getting the same error as you, but appearently it isn't much of an issue. Heres a link to my post where some dude was helping me :)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/142606-anyone-else-get-a-wrong-cdkey-error-while-running-new-beta-patch-update/