Sign in to follow this  
Nymphetamine

character bound per server?

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should your character lock to the server?

• Yes
    • No

Private servers don't mess anything to do with your hive character at all. You can switch between as often as you like with no problems I've noticed.

Also, every private server I've joined has been fine. Some have odd rules (including one where the admin bans for pvp in elektro. Not my cup of tea, but interesting to see how that works out) but are otherwise fairly vanilla. Usually the server name will give you a clue. If it's something like "HAX/EXPLOIT GALORE" then naturally, don't join. (You think I'm kidding, but you'd be surprised)

Though one thing I had forgotten about is the max player limit. Sometimes it'll reach it, and you just have to wait if you want to join that server. BUT there's still nothing stopping you playing another character.

didnt read through this thread but

if a hacker comes on your server and you manage to get out, youre fucked for a while

server goes down for a long times? youre fucked

server admin doesnt update his server on new patches? youre fucked

Yay, then people can just hoard vehicles even easier!!! And now you have to wait hours just to find a crashed helicopter because other people have more time to play than you...YAY!!!

The game experience is supposed to be realistic? We cannot communicate with anybody more than some meters away from us, cars run out of fuel, but we can spawn on a new world with the same gear at the same position we left the last one?

YES from me, theres no obvious reason you should be able to move your character that easily from one Server (one "World") to another. Want to play on another world? Start from zero!

Thanks been wanting to try and was waiting for my character to die so nothing happens. Now I can just try them out.

Yay, then people can just hoard vehicles even easier!!! And now you have to wait hours just to find a crashed helicopter because other people have more time to play than you...YAY!!!

Erm. How/why would it be easier to hoard vehicles exactly? Because you can't server hop between different woods to find player camps? If so, GOOD. That's just, eurgh. Horrible.

And the fact that people who have more time to play find choppers more often, is already the case. I can't think of any circumstance in any game ever where playing less gets you less stuff than someone that plays more than you.

The game experience is supposed to be realistic? We cannot communicate with anybody more than some meters away from us, cars run out of fuel, but we can spawn on a new world with the same gear at the same position we left the last one?

YES from me, theres no obvious reason you should be able to move your character that easily from one Server (one "World") to another. Want to play on another world? Start from zero!

Exactly.