Ive heard many different things from many people. Some people say that no legit player will show up in remoteexec.log. Some have said legit players will show up if they crash a helo with the Spawn_BISEffects_Air Destruction, among others. I've banned several players in the log for spawning vehicles and weapons. I'm not sure about some of the others.

It really depends on what remoteexec/createvehicle/scripts you're using and what's in it. There is never a guaranteed rule of thumb with those files.

Those files are just human written rulesets that dictate banned terminology within scripts/etc.

In specific to BISEffects, note the latest community remoteexec.txt and the line pertaining to that:

5 "BIS_Effects" //this is temporary solution against pvar abuse, sorry no remote effects transfer, innocent will be kicked when it happens but better safe than sorry

Just as the comment says, it's an overly greedy match that can and will catch some legitimate players at the expense of preventing an entire "type" of abuse (pvar abuse).. There's no known better solution than just lumping the legit folk in with the bad folk in relation to that particular action

So, the CURRENT remoteexec.txt from the community ban list site *can* and will have unintended kicks within the scope that the file itself exclaims.

Ask this same question against a week later, and maybe a better solution is found and 100% of the triggers from remtoeexec *are* baddies. There's no rule of thumb. No guarantee. You have to pay attention and read the files you're deploying to your server.

EDIT: I should clarify that this doesn't mean that remoteexec.log is wrong about someone trying to spawn in a Huey. Whatever the log said they tried to do, did in fact happen - guaranteed. It's just that you have to understand yourself whether the action that took place was in fact a "bad" or "malicious" action.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 1

I made a thread about the evolution of this here (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80738-psa-cheaters-now-spoofing-bis-effects/). My understanding is cheaters use this spoof to hide spawning things in game. In any event they have now spoofed the full execution as it would naturally occur. If you see the improper variations then it's up to you what you'll do, if you see the legit spoof I'd recommend just taking notice rather then risk a wrongful ban.

You're the right track asking the community so keep it up. Your players should be grateful to have such a watchful admin.