Sign in to follow this  
PimpinSmurf

Rampant hackers on HFB servers

Apparently HFB does not allow anyone to ban on their servers. Im watching hackers spawn things in the logs and we can only kick. We would like to switch to a hosting company that allows us to ban hackers. Which one is the best? Which one gives you the most control over your server?

Im not speaking lies. You are unable to ban on HFB servers. I have logs of people spawning in items and I cannot ban the hackers. I kick them and they come right back.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

I have the logs. Still cannot ban.

You are permitted to kick or ban for ongoing severe hacking that is affecting players in a server-disruptive way.

No Im not the HFB servers do not allow it.

Player continually changes name and comes back forcing me not to play the game at all. I kick...kick....kick.....kick...feel retarded that I rented from HFBservers.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

If you've got the evidence, just ban the fuckers. That's what I do, and there's been no complaints at all.

WHAT is preventing you from banning them, please do tell?

If you use ANY KIND of RCON tool you'll be able to ban just fine. In fact in the bans.txt you can edit in the HFB file browser and add bans that way.

There is not a single way HFB is preventing you from banning anyone other a PEBKAC situation.

Edited by NocturnalS1n

I use HFB and you can ban just fine, if your talking about the server control ban that has never worked for Dayz. Use the BEC or the amra2 Rcon to ban, or manually add them to the bans.txt.

• Like 1

You can ban on HFB Servers. I have helped customers ban on their server before. I use Arma 2 RCon GUI and manually adding the GUID to the ban list.

Im not speaking lies. You are unable to ban on HFB servers. I have logs of people spawning in items and I cannot ban the hackers. I kick them and they come right back.

I have the logs. Still cannot ban.

No Im not the HFB servers do not allow it.

Player continually changes name and comes back forcing me not to play the game at all. I kick...kick....kick.....kick...feel retarded that I rented from HFBservers.

The following is to be done from hfbservers.com:[PORT_NUMBER_HERE]. You will need to log in with your admin credentials.

1. From your Game Services page click on File Explorer.

2. Navigate to your cfgdayz/Battleye folder, inside you will see bans.txt, createvehicle.log, remoteexec.log and scripts.log.

3. Search the logs for PROOF of the offensive actions (Please make sure the entry is an actual hack and not part of the normal operations of the game). The entry will include the GUID (long string of hexedecimal) of the player who hacked. Copy the guid.

4. Add the guid followed by "-1 Reason you are banned text here." without the quotes to bans.txt. Save the file.

5. Open an rcon session to your server and type loadBans then press enter.

6. Report the cheater and provide the proof to the DayZ forum (remove their IP address from logs). Also report to http://code.google.c...munity-banlist/ so other servers can benefit from your observations.

7. Profit ...???

This works on HFB servers, I hope it was helpful. While your at it, add the list of bans from http://code.google.c...e/bans/bans.txt to your bans.txt and keep it updated. Also, periodically back up your bans.txt.

*edited for clarification as I forgot some people need even more spoon feeding.

Edited by Ap0calyps3

I login as admin. I select the name from the lobby. I can kick but if I click ban nothing happens at all. This is a the basic hosting plan maybe they want you to pay more money I dunno. I am reporting this so no one else makes the same mistake. If the ban button would have worked I would then have posted the logs in the cheating section here so no argument would arrise. However the person continually joins after we have kicked him, kicking is not a solution. There is no back of house solution on the basic plan to ban or kick anyone. I can look at logs, restart the server, etc... No kick or ban.

Also there is no way to edit the files on the server from the back of house login. It lets you download them thats all. Ive been doing IT for over 15 years Im not a retard.

I will look up this Arma 2 RCon GUI

To me this is something that should be in the control panel when you login to the back of house / server back end. There is nothing there.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

Not the RCON, the HFB Control Panel has a File Manager.

You can edit the Ban.txt, the Scripts.txt, createvehicle.txt, and remoteexec.txt. Or delete and upload your own.

This is within the hosting rights. If your RCON Tool isn't banning people that IS NOT an HFB issue. Try DaRT or Arma 2 RCON GUI's latest build.

I know this for a FACT.

Rcon does not connect to the server either I am guessing that is for another plan.

Edited by PimpinSmurf

Rcon does not connect to the server either I am guessing that is for another plan.

I'm on the basic plan. Put in a ticket. You're obviously having abnormal issues.

Try Arma 2 RCON GUI's latest build.

I know this for a FACT.

Tried latest build it does not connect. GJ fanboi.

Could be abnormal issues after being hacked lastnight all kinds of things went wrong with the server. It started rebooting on its own etc. I have a ticket in now thanks for the suggestions.

Tried latest build it does not connect. GJ fanboi.

Now you're trying to be insulting by calling me a "fanboi," I've done nothing but give you facts, and tell you how it SHOULD be.

I told you. The basic plan for HFB with the the Day Z Standard plan, which is a Slotted Server, non-dedicated. Let's you edit the Battleye folder that is in cfgdayz folder. The .txt files I stated are fully editable.

I can ban and kick with either DaRT or RCON GUI. I can ban using the HFB CP by editing the bans.txt. All of this on the same 35 dollar basic plan.

This is all fact. If you are having problems talk to HFB support. Not us.

Edited by NocturnalS1n
  • Like 1

You most likely do not have BEServer.cfg file. You can create this file, which we explain in our knowledge base or put in a ticket to get it put in.

I will say this HFB did respond immediately and banned the person I had logs on. However RCON and DART do not seem to work with the server. DART will connect but display nothing. I can now edit the bans.txt file I dunno if that was bugged before.

I will say this HFB did respond immediately and banned the person I had logs on. However RCON and DART do not seem to work with the server. DART will connect but display nothing. I can now edit the bans.txt file I dunno if that was bugged before.

And hopefully you feel like a moron for posting this thread and insulting those who tried to help, because you are one.

Edited by Angel_
  • Like 1

Have a HFB & vilayer server, i ban people the same way on both servers...

Generally ftp into the server (ftp connection are located above the Stop / Restart controls, password + username = same as webpage controls)

U can then download the logs, find the hacker, add them to the bans.txt.

Then using bercon / dart log into server & issue the command loadbans.

Edited by Torndeco

You need to input the rcon password into the rcon client not your login password.

You are STILL trying to "login" threw the game via the chat menu and that just isnt useful for anything but using global chat.

NEVER use the server control panel ingame its useless and thats what your fooking with that wont ban anyone, cause it never has worked in dayz.

goto your config and find your rcon password, use that to login to your rcon client and issue bans from there, or add them manually in the bans.txt.

15y my ass.

I have 2 HFB servers are there is no problem banning on either server. Dart is what I am using to admin.

And BTW hacker are rampant on ervery server not just HFB. If you had 15yrs experience you would understand this is not the server hosting companies issue.

Edited by MadHatter

You need to create the BEServer.cfg file in order to connect via rcon. Put in a ticket if you dont know how to do so, and they will provide details. HFB Servers runs great and bans work just fine.

Edited by Reality