Sign in to follow this  
angelus.

saving cars

so i finally found a car to repair. did a couple repairs on it and am going back out to search for some more parts. ive been (and experienced it first hand :( ) hearing that tents to save correctly right now. so my question is, do i try to work on this car right now and try to save it after? or is all my work and things i put into it just going to go to waste...

Exiting out of a vehicle will save the location. Using the save feature on the vehicle will only save the gear inside.

Edited by Impossible

right. well let me throw a twist your way on this. about five days ago i was working on the exact same car on the exact same server in the exact same place. i left some gear in it and saved it about ten times. i couldnt really get back into that server until today and when i got there, there were no repairs to the car and all the gear i left in it was gone. how do i know this wont happen again

anybody? i just went out and found all the parts to fix this thing. would like to know if its even worth it

anybody? i just went out and found all the parts to fix this thing. would like to know if its even worth it

Don't have any useful information for you, but sounds like you already did the hard part. May as well go through with it at this point.

I own a server and it seems on most new servers vehicles don't save. They don't save gear, location and repairs. As of right now working on a vehicle is a waste of time, i'de suggest finding a Bike or motorcycle since their glitched and don't need repaired. (just save it and its fixed)

sigh. well i guess we'll find out after i log back in tomorrow :(

damn this buggy ass game

• Like 1

When the server restarts it will probably be gone. I've lost two cars, a bike, and a helicopter, but yesterday three vehicles my group had survived a server restart. This means your work probably wont be saved, but you might get lucky.

Im really hoping the two trucks, van, and hatchback we have survive the next restart, but I really doubt they will.

yeah i found a nice offroad pickup truck. it would be my first car in this game so far. i just wish it would save :(

Get a tent placed near the truck spawn and put all the stuff needed to fix the car in the tent and then save the tent only once. The gear should survive the restart and if vehicle is there you can fix it up quickly and have a car for a day.

Get a tent placed near the truck spawn and put all the stuff needed to fix the car in the tent and then save the tent only once. The gear should survive the restart and if vehicle is there you can fix it up quickly and have a car for a day.

why only once? i hear tents are not even worth it because they hardly ever save. why do you say ONLY once

Just a bug. I don't really want to say the whole reason because people us it for bad purposes, but let's just say a good deal of the time the gear saved on the first save will survive the server restart.

and you know this? or is it just speculation? if im gonna do this, id like to get it right lol. ive never heard the save the tent once trick

Like a great deal of bugs it isn't 100%, but yes it has worked for me on this patch quite a few times.

Worst case scenario is you lose the same stuff that is wiped from the car on restart, so what do you have to lose. Make sure to only save it once after getting all the parts you want in there.

and you know this? or is it just speculation? if im gonna do this, id like to get it right lol. ive never heard the save the tent once trick

We've heard of it, we've tried it. We've tried every other 'trick' there is...new tents have never ever saved a single item for us.

Edited by Fector

yeah i ended up parking the truck next to the tent for the night. if they arent there in the morning, im probably just gonna quit this game until stuff gets fixed. its pretty frustrating

We've heard of it, we've tried it. We've tried every other 'trick' there is...new tents have never ever saved a single item for us.

That sucks, but there are countless other threads that attest to this bug working. The gear will only save once, but it will come back with every server restart. Vehicles will most likely disappear.

well at least my vehicle and tent survived the night. took a nice roaptrip into berezino this morning on it!

you know this for a fact? how do i know if a server is private?

you know this for a fact? how do i know if a server is private?

If you use Dayz Commander they show up differently and when you mouse over the name of the server it will say it is not connected to the hive, if you are using play with six (well first uninstall that and download Dayz Commander) I am not sure. Private servers are not connected to the hive so anything you do will only be saved on that server and you will have to respawn fresh when you start (only on the private hive, your progress will still be there on the public servers).

People will claim they are hacker free but they are wrong, the only difference is admins are allowed to ban for any reason so suspected hackers can be banned without any fuss.

gotcha i will check this out then. just logged back in and my car was gone. so was everything in the tent, but the tent was still there. does this sound like a server restart bug or do you think someone found my stuff?

Type the server name into Google and it will show you the restarts, but it sounds like the server restart bug unless you did not hide the vehicle and tent. That tent trick has worked for me quite a few times so I am surprised it did not replenish all of the gear that you saved (hopefully only that first time though).

Edited by Zombie Jesus

what do you mean type the server in on google? and i saved the tent once. then went out and found some more stuff later and saved once more, did that screw it up?