Sign in to follow this  
andreasb

Best damn suggestion ever!

My suggestion is that:

1) You put standalone(And everything else) on hold untill:

A ) You remove the glitchy dead soldiers and shit, so we actually can play and see what we are doing

B ) Fix tent and vehicle saving. It worked in 1.7.2.4, so someone obviously fucked it up, thus it cant be that hard to fix.

Edited by AndreasB

The mod is fundamentally broken from the start, thanks to the way Arma2 is programed. This is not a fault of Arma2, it is simply a reality of the situation that the game (a great game mind you) is built around a trusting, milisim model. The downside of that model is that it does not work with the rigid, strict requirements a game like Day Z demands, and therefore the mod can and never will be all it could be. While I understand that it is very annoying playing in a buggy alpha build, I also understand that the stand alone is more important, and I sure as hell don't want them delaying that just so they can try and polish a mod.

• Like 1

Ppl should have waited for the full patch instead of complaining about the graphical glitches and wanted a hotfix at that point in time.

Best suggestion ever: Read all the information put out about everything before you make demands and generalizations.

Lets see...

Yes.

Until then, my scripter friend can remove dead bodies for the entire server, thus making Chernarus playable.

It's sad that I have to rely on that to play original Day Z instead of Lingor.

Hell, why not give the script to all server admins in the meantime?

There are obvious solutions here that Rocket just isn't taking.

My suggestion is that:

1) You put standalone(And everything else) on hold untill:

A ) You remove the glitchy dead soldiers and shit, so we actually can play and see what we are doing

B ) Fix tent and vehicle saving. It worked in 1.7.2.4, so someone obviously fucked it up, thus it cant be that hard to fix.

You do understand that the game not being in standalone is what's stopping them from fixing these issues right?

That's like saying, don't fix the broken engine block in your car until you drive to the store and buy me milk. If the engine doesn't work the person can't do that...

You do understand that the game not being in standalone is what's stopping them from fixing these issues right?

That's like saying, don't fix the broken engine block in your car until you drive to the store and buy me milk. If the engine doesn't work the person can't do that...

Bullshit.

It worked in 1.7.2.4, and those objects causing glitches _CAN_ be removed..

So yeah, your statement is BULLSHIT

Edited by AndreasB

As far as I have heard the Not saving bug comes from a f***ing typo. Atleast that's what I've heard.